Making Poems Available to thePublic

Zondrae

Making Poems Available to thePublic

Post by Zondrae » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:39 am

I have always thought that when we post a poem on the site, it was available to the genegal public to see. Recently I went into the site atsomeone elses computer. I didn't log in and tried to access my index of poems as a casual visitor might. I found I could not. This is possibly beause the heading is in the "forum" area. Is there some way that we can poost poems thst the general public can see withour having to register aS A 'USER'?
Zondrae King
a woman of words

manfredvijars

Re: Making Poems Available to thePublic

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:05 pm

G'day Zondrae,

These are the Forum rooms 'open' to the public ...

ABPA Members' Poetry
Events
Members' Public Performances
PUBLIC NOTICEBOARD

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
Users' Bush Poetry (any registered user)

We Will Remember Them
For Children and Youth
Tips-n-Tweeks
Lost Poetry

RECURRING THREADS

NO RHYMING ALLOWED.
Yarn-Spinners' Corner
Audio Uploads
Remember When ....
---

So, in answer to your question, YES, the public can read poetry on-site.
You MUST be registered to post or comment. With registration the other rooms open up.

Cheers,

Manfred

Peely

Post by Peely » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:06 pm

G'day Manfred

If my memory serves me correctly, the index section was originally set up so that a member of the public could easily search for poems by a particular author on the forum without having to look through pages and pages to find a particular item. Some people may have been using that part of the site to refer people to their poems as well. For a long time, it did have public access and this has changed - I believe that is what Zondrae is trying to point out. The requirement was that you had to be an ABPA member to be able to set up an index, not that it was to be open to view only by members of the forum.

They do take a lot of effort on behalf of an ABPA forum member to set up and there is not much reward in doing one if it is not open for the public to view.

Regards

John
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:51 pm

G'day Peely,

It also takes considerable effort (with no reward) to administer this Forum on behalf of the members.

This is the first time this issue has been brought to my attention. As you are aware the "Index of Members' Poetry on this Forum" is not a comprehensive list of all the poets and their poetry on this site. Nevertheless any random Forum (non-member) user, can access any poetry (or posts for that matter) via the universal 'search' facility on every page in the top right hand corner.
This facility allows a search for any Poet's posts listed, as well as not listed in that index.

As I said earlier, this is the first time this issue has been brought to my attention. That this 'Index' section wasn't made public was an oversight, no more no less, and will be attended to at my earliest convenience ... .

Cheers,

Manfred.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:07 am

"Index of Members' Poetry on this Forum"

FIXED ... :D

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:03 pm

You are so obliging Manfred. :)

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:59 pm

I aim to please Heather ... :D

Peely

Post by Peely » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:08 pm

Thank you Manfred

And thank you for all of your time and effort in administering the forum. I apologise if it came across that I was having a dig at you.

Regards

John
John Peel - The Man from Gilmore Creek

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:36 pm

No worries Peely ... :D

Thank you for helping folks out with the Index too ... :)