IT'S ME AGAIN

Glenny Palmer

IT'S ME AGAIN

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun May 25, 2014 11:35 am

I dunno if it's my pc or the site. Is there anyone who can help me with this please?

Sometimes I can bounce into the site without drama at all...either via my desktop shortcut or a link that's been emailed. I may be able to switch through several categories ok but then, after visiting 1 or 2 or maybe 3 it suddenly becomes very slow & then won't load. Other times it won't load in the first place for me to get into the site...or...it may let me visit a number of categories in the Forum but won't load a 'reply.'

I just thought it wise to ask if anyone else has similar woes....before I go digging into the bowels of my pc...& probably end up doing more damage. I've got a feeling it's to do with my Chrome settings, but then, why would it work sometimes & not others? I still have XP Pro. (It can happen on other sites too but mostly on this one???)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cry:
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Heather

Re: IT'S ME AGAIN

Post by Heather » Sun May 25, 2014 11:47 am

Working quick as a wink on the computer I'm on Glenny.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sun May 25, 2014 1:13 pm

I had a lot of trouble with XP, I found out that Microsoft will not support XP anymore so it is still useful but it seems that the money makers want it to fade away, problems were multiplying on mine and there was no solution available that I could find. I scrapped my system and replaced it ( at great cost ) with Windows 7. It works fine on the net but is not as easy to use as XP in some of the printing and saving functions. Not for me anyway.

It's 666, Glenny, the beast of the apocalypse, also known as The Economy. ;) :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun May 25, 2014 5:10 pm

No problem here but like Neville I am running windows 7
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.