Poems by Irene Conner

An index of the ABPA Member's poetry and/or yarns submitted on this Forum and maintained by the respective members.
To access any of the Member's works on this Forum, either click on the 'Title' or simply copy the 'Title' from the Member's post and paste it into the 'Search' field (upper right-hand corner)
Forum rules
Indexing is for ABPA Members for work accessible on this ABPA Forum only.
Irene

Poems by Irene Conner

Post by Irene » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:26 am

Last edited by Irene on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 26 times in total.
What goes around, comes around.

Bob Pacey

Re: Poems by Irene Conner

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Get writing girl you are flagging.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 pm

G/day Irene,
Not sure how many I have posted but less than you I'd reckon.

I Just recently came back from up north via the Indian Ocean Coastal Hwy, it's the first time I have been that way.
I spent the night at Leeman and had some breakfast at Jurien Bay, what a lovely town you have there with lots of trees etc. I had my battered old prospecting caravan and it definitely lowered the standard of the town so I had quick look around and then quickly snuck away. I must bring Val up for a few day (with the new van of course - I checked out the caravan park).

Regards terry

Irene

Post by Irene » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:20 am

What??? You were in town and didn't stop by??? We don't mind battered old caravans here!
Did you check out our great beach front area - down near the jetty? The shire in their infinite wisdom, have just approved a big fancy development just back off the beach, which will close off close vehicle access to the main beach and jetty, and have an 8 storey development - looking to go 10 storeys!! Will change the feel of the place forever! I think they have visions of us being another Gold Coast!! Heaven help us!! Might have to move a little further out, methinks!! :lol:

Good to see you back.
Are you going to be around if we have the poets breakfast in Cervantes again at the end of October? I think Dave is a little interested. I haven't had a chance to get to any meetings this year, so am waiting to hear what they are doing.

Catchya - Hi to Val
Irene
What goes around, comes around.

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 am

Hi Irene,
I didn't have your number or I would have given you a call and offered to buy you a coffee or something, mind you it was a bit early.

Yes I had a look at the jetty and wondered what all the activity that was going on was about, being a fisherman the jetty was the first place I looked for, I also noticed a coffee sort of place down there as well.

As I said the town had a nice feel about it, and when I stopped at the service station in town to get something to eat I noticed that friendly manner you find in country towns.

Yes I hope to make Cervantes again but might be tempted to stay at Jurien this year, as I said we have a new (well newer caravan) now so wont need to stay at motels. We might stay a few days and have a look about.

I have only been to one or two Musters earlier in the year, don't know what's going to happen without Brian & Dot, it's so hard to replace people like them. Irene If there is anything I can do to help out regarding Cervantes you only have to ask.

Cheers Terry