Cold Memories

For video and audio LINKS to forum member's performances and presentations on You Tube, Vimeo etc.
The maximum file size for an AUDIO UPLOAD is 4.5 Mb
(No video uploads are accepted - LINKS ONLY)
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Cold Memories

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 am

An old man out walking, hears the peal of bells - sees the carriage with the bride and hears the congregation in the church singing. He remembers his own wedding day and his little boy - sadly all of his family have been lost to him and all that remains is his wifes music box that she used to take out and play to the boy when he was little. How they laughed and giggled when the little dancer in the box pirouetted and turned.

He plays it again, and remembers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Re: Cold Memories

Post by Neville Briggs » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:35 pm

That congregation sounds like a brass band to me :)

Sorry to be picky Maureen but I had to listen more than once to get the words, because the background tended to overcome your soft voice and distract from the words.

I always enjoy your readings, you have the perfect voice for those sort of nostalgic ones.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 am

Why thank you Neville :oops: My dogs and my son would probably argue you out of the quiet voice quote though.

I admit I had trouble getting the level right with this one - I thought I had it but when I mixed it it wasn't and I didn't then know how to unmix it and was too lazy to do it again - as it was a bit of an experiment in actually just to see if I could get the words to fit with the hymn and the music box.

Poetically as far as metre and structure goes it is a farce. :shock: :o but seemed to work well enough in this context

Thanks for listening Neville and for your valued comments

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:30 pm

hi Maureen Have finaly worked out how to use this new system sorry to say your speech has not enough volume to over power the back ground.

by for now bill w