GOSFORD BUSH POETS

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Post by Vic Jefferies » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:25 am

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

G'day Everyone,
A couple of special announcements:
Firstly,
Normally we don't have a Gosford Bush Poet's meeting in April as the last Wednesday night has so often clashed with Anzac Day however, this year we will definitely be meeting at 7pm next Wednesday night (27/4) at, of course, the best pub in Gosford, the brilliant Gosford Hotel, Mann Street, Gosford.
Secondly,
We mentioned last month that we were hopeful of presenting a very special guest for this month's meeting of the fabulous Gosford Bush Poets and I am pleased to say that we have exceeded even our own expectations by securing the services of the three time and current Australian Bush Poet, Mr. Greg North to be our guest poet this month!
As his many awards indicate,Greg is a superb poet and presenter of the spoken word and is widely known for his marvelous ability to not only recite original and traditional poetry but also for his amazing expertise in entertaining and engaging his audience. He regularly performs at all of the major festivals including Tamworth Country Music Festival and is well known throughout the country as one of Australia's best and funniest presenters of the spoken word.
If you have previously witnessed Greg reduce his audience to howling tears of laughter than you will know that you should be early to secure a seat next Wednesday night. If you haven't as yet experienced this man's incredible talents you are in for a terrific night of fun and fine poetry and I can honestly say (I would never say it any other way) be sure to come along to the Gosford Bush Poets next Wednesday night and bring everyone you know who enjoys a good night of great entertainment!
Entrance as always will be totally free and we would love to see you all come along and join us for dinner in the hotel's brilliant bistro from about 5.30pm onwards.
As Peter and Anita will be away at the National Folk Festival this week, for further information contact me here or at 0425252212.

Very Best Regards,
Vic Jefferies