Frank Daniel

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
william williams

Frank Daniel

Post by william williams » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:32 pm

To all those that know him or who have felt his helping hand and to all those members who have heard him as a MC or heard him recite.

To him, we owe a debt of gratitude ether as our own Editor who put the magazine to press for many years or as a past President several times and vice president, and who with others, was an inaugural foundation member of A.B.P.A.

This gentleman is now rather sick and whose health is failing. We, and I write this on behalf of everybody both A.B.P.A and other writers and performers.

Frank Daniel I wish you good luck and may your health improve

REGARDS BILL WILLIAMS THE OLD BATTLER

Neville Briggs

Re: Frank Daniel

Post by Neville Briggs » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:57 pm

William, Sorry to hear that Frank is not well. My best wishes for him.

p.s. maybe you can get this shifted to the Noticeboard page.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks for that Bill (you beat me to the punch:) )

Bill, I know you do visit him on occasion, would you please extend our best wishes to him ... :)

I'll try and get to see him week after next ...

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:23 am

I'm sorry to hear this Bill, I have a lot of respect for Frank, lets hope he bounces back real soon.

Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Bill, I am very sad to hear the news regarding Frank Daniel but thank you for so eloquently reminding us of the debt so many of us in the Bush Poetry scene owe to someone who has done so much for so many over the years.

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:24 am

Yes, I too have a lot of affection and respect for Frank, though I do not know him well. I hope he recovers soon.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this Bill. Please do tell Frank he is in my thoughts if you see him, as we are only in touch via email and at the moment this is clearly not the best avenue. Thank you.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Had a great visit with Frank this last weekend. He looks fine and healthy, although a bit unsteady on his feet. He's enjoying putting the historical stuff together for the magazine however, it sometimes creeps up on him so he's learned to pace himself.

Going by his looks, Frank would get no sympathy at all however, he's had several turns now and will be going into hospital again soon to adjust his stent. Frank is in the thros of moving in with his daughter, much to the relief of many in town that I spoke with. He is greatly respected in town and the community are concerned for his well-being.

For a few years now Frank and I have discussed gathering all the available editions of the magazines together and binding them into several (somewhat complete) volumes, at least one for the National Archives and a few more for membership access. We spent some time together gathering up the many editions of the ABPA magazine which I now have in my possession, the next step - binding.

With his involvement and knowledge of Bush Poetry in Australia, Frank is a font of information and is appreciated by the membership as a "Living" Treasure. Neil will be publishing more early history over the next few editions of the ABPA Magazine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Good on you Manfred. Thanks for the update on Frank. He is without doubt a living treasure!

thestoryteller

Post by thestoryteller » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:55 am

A lot of memories of early years with the A.B.P.A. and Frank goes back a long way. Keep on keeping on mate.

Merv Webster
Some days your the pidgeon and other days the statue.