FAW AGM

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Brenda Joy

FAW AGM

Post by Brenda Joy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:16 am

The FAW NSW Inc -- Port Macquarie Hastings Branch will be holding their AGM on 01.02 (tomorrow) at the CC (Mac) Adams Music Centre, Port Macquarie at 1.00 p.m.
B-J
Sing HU to open your heart.

manfredvijars

Re: FAW AGM

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 pm

What's the "FAW"?

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:11 am

Flamin Awful Women ?

Ferrets And Wombats ?

Beats me Manny ?

Hang on I goggled it ?

Fellowship of Australian Writers does that sound better ?

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

william williams

Post by william williams » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Bob I see you beat me.
Manny ABPA we all know what that means and it has approx. 400 members
BUT F A W stands for Fellowship of Australian Writers which has a membership running into thousands of members which embraces' all writers through out Australia be they poets, story tellers, ABPA members or not
If FAW was about in years gone by, just maybe Lawson ,Paterson, ETC may have become members

Bill Williams

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:33 am

Yeah well....many years ago, before I found my 'soul mates' (bush poets) I toddled along to one of these FAW shindigs. After reciting one of my (early) poems, a tall skinny sheila with long flat sandled feet, & a bobby pin in her poker straight hair, to keep it out of her piggy slit eyes, & a bigger plum in her mouth than the Queen said, ''How quaint. It rhymes.'' I was duly unimpressed, but in the interest of law & order I remained calm. However, when I became the Australian Lady Champion soon after, with the associated press exposure, I suddenly rose to the giddy heights of being the toast of the town at that FAW....with associated braggings in their newsletter.

Perhaps this attitude has contributed to the divide between the free versers and the rhymers? It certainly put me off them. :roll:
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:53 am

Well, my experience was somewhat similar, they do appear to have a problem with rhyming poets ... :(
Buggerem ...

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:59 am

G'day all,

(Yes I am still alive.) I think it depends on which branch of FAWS you are dealing with. The North Shaw branch has a competition which has a section for Bush Poetry and (when my poem 'The Whale Boat' won) my rhyming poem got rave reviews.

I admit I haven't tried any other branches and it was a one off win in this comp. I haven't cracked it a again.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

warooa

Post by warooa » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 am

Does it not go without saying that they'd have to be supportive of rhyme being the North Shore FAW :roll:

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 am

I wonder if they are on the FAW shore

warooa

Post by warooa » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:03 pm

For sure