NEW ONLINE POETRY MAG JUST HIT THE AIRWAVES

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

NEW ONLINE POETRY MAG JUST HIT THE AIRWAVES

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Well now I have something to actually show you I can spread the word that a new online poetry mag is available and waiting for you to showcase your work in it if you would like to.

How do I know? Because the editor is yours truly.

I was able to contact at very short notice some of our poets and they were willing to share with me which was beaut - others will appear in future issues which are already in at The Australia Times being formatted or whatever it is they do. I am currently working on the 4th Edition.

Here is the link to the Poetry Magazine - there are about 14 mags currently on line with the group including one for short stories that might interest a few of you as well.

http://www2.theaustraliatimes.com.au/em ... ry/issue1/

This magazine will be a mix of Australian Bush Poetry, Haiku and Free Verse and anything else that I hope might be of interest. TAT is happy to link writers work back to their own blog sites/web sites etc.

So grap a cuppa, put your feet up and please enjoy.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Brenda Joy

Re: NEW ONLINE POETRY MAG JUST HIT THE AIRWAVES

Post by Brenda Joy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:59 am

G'day Maureen,

Opened the link before I lost contact (we live on the fringe and so often lose connection) and saw enough to say CONGRATULATIONS - a well presented visual. I'll get back to it after the weekend (always the worst period) and look forward to enjoying it immensely.

Did read the editorial and saw you were born in Margate. Hal (my husband), Catherine Lee Clarke's husband and Shirley Friend were all born in Ramsgate, so Kentish people do get around. Like you, Hal is Australian in all aspects except birth.

Thank you for the magazine and I hope it receives the accolades it deserves.

Brenda
Sing HU to open your heart.

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Good on you Brenda thank you for that. I do so hope you enjoy it and might consider contributing to it as well.

I lived at Ramsgate and Broadstairs as well - often went to sleep at night hearing the foghorn booming through the sea mist and the light beam across my ceiling as it was busy warning the ships away from the Goodwin Sands - small world isn't it? I recall the sound of the maroons?? (I think that's what they were called) firing to call the men to lifeboat duty And always remember the magnificient sight of the lifeboat swooshing down into the sea from the pier with all the brave men onboard in their oilskins and souwesters as they went in search of some poor bugger who had run into difficulties. Scary stuff because some of those big seas used to rise up like huge surf and roll along under those piers and this little lifeboat would break out into the foam and take off. I was only 8 then so that 50+ years ago but even then when the lifeboats went out the people from round about would make their way down to the shoreline and wait in the cold and the rain, because when the boats came back in many hands made light work of hauling the boats into the shore so that the survivors could be helped. It seems the Ramsgate station is still the 2nd busiest in UK.

http://www.ramsgatelifeboat.org.uk/

There's almost a poem in that - I had forgotten about it until you mentioned Ramsgate :lol:

Cheers

Maureen

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

alongtimegone

Post by alongtimegone » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi Maureen, I have just read the magazine from cover to cover. Congratulations ... it's really great. A sterling effort as a past Pommie or should that be ex Pommie or maybe Aussie Pommie might say.
Good one ... Wazza

Vic Jefferies

Post by Vic Jefferies » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Good On You Maureen well done and a wonderful initiative!

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks Wazza and Vic - that's high praise indeed :D Just hope I can keep the pace and the standard up.

For the August edition we’re going to start releasing one new issue of one magazine each day - this means something new to the site everyday and readers will have something new to read. There will be a running commentary box on the website informing people when/what magazines will be new on what day, so they aren't left confused and are always informed.

So things are really starting to run, two issues in and it’s just pumping.We have some great dedicated advertisers helping us out just now, spreading the word through their social media and websites in return for FREE advertising. If you’re aware of a small-medium Australian business that would be interested in this offer please put them in touch.

Cheers

Maureen