'Award Winning Bush Verse and Stories 2012'

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Stephen Whiteside

'Award Winning Bush Verse and Stories 2012'

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:55 am

I would like to draw members' attention to a landmark new book, 'Award Winning Bush Verse and Stories 2012', published by Melbourne Books.

To quote from the press release, which can be found here:
http://www.melbournebooks.com.au/upload ... o_awbv.pdf

"...the first nationally distributed anthology wholly dedicated to competition winners taking inspiration from the Australian bush and way of life."

There are many familiar names amongst the list of contributors, and I am thrilled to find myself in such august company.

Max and Jacqui Merckenschlager are to be congratulated on putting together what appears to be a truly excellent production.

I would urge members to support this book. The future of similar publications will depend very much on the success of 'Award Winning Bush Verse and Stories 2012'.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Zondrae

Re: 'Award Winning Bush Verse and Stories 2012'

Post by Zondrae » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 am

Good on you Stephen,

Glenny made it and so did I. I am sure I am not the only one to make the last edition Of the AWAW and the first of the new format. Yes, I recall David Campbell is in both. Are you? If I wasn't so lazy I'd go and look. add my thanks to Max and Jacqui, a great effort.

I am playing with my new iPad so some (extra) typos will get through. It is a challenge. I got it (iPad) to store my ukulele song book. It was becoming too heavy to cart around. Also to keep up to date when away from home. I think I like it.

(Oh what a clever little iPad.)
Zondrae King
a woman of words

keats

Post by keats » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi Zondrae,
did you know that the App Store has Ukelele tuners and apps full of songs and chords for the Uke as well? I am pretty sure they are free, as I downloaded them for Ray Essery once when he had a fleeting dream of playing the Uke in a Bush Band!

Worth Checking out.

And yes Stephen, a great publication. Doing a write up on it for the Magazine, just waiting on a pic of the cover.

Neil

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks Neil,

Yes I have the tuner. It is very sensitive but I use it all the time. it is installed on both my phone and my iPad.
As for songs, I didn't know there were any available through itunes. I have been given most of mine through the ukulele club. I have down loaded a few from Richard G's ukulele songbook. These are free. I have a large folder devoted exclusively to Beatles songs. Some of the chords are very complicated. Thanks for the tip anyway.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:37 pm

Good on you Neil. Zondrae, I'm in this book, but this is my first time.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:37 am

Received my copy yesterday. But as I am at Mission Beach today I can't check it out for a day or two.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:19 am

It's a great publication ... I'd recommend it ...