ABC radio

For posting notices of interest to members - notices that may not make it to the Mag or the Web-site.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Zondrae

ABC radio

Post by Zondrae » Sun May 27, 2012 5:48 am

G'day,

The publicity officer of the Snowy Mountains of Music phoned me on Friday to ask me to stand by on Sunday morning between 9 and 11 am to be interviewed on air about the poetry events during the festival. There is a written competition, 'The Broken Ski' (email in, no fees) and a performance comp 'The Snowy Cup' (I won the inaugural one three years back). I think it is either National or at least State wide. So you may catch it.

The entries in the witten comp are still open, til 5th June enter through the website - www,snowymountainsofmusic.com.au/poetry/

last years winners are on the site .com.au/page/2011/PoetryWinners
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Zondrae

Re: ABC radio

Post by Zondrae » Thu May 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Oh dear,

They bumped me to the next Sunday which is this Sunday 3rd. I have been told it will be at 10.50am and the interviewer is Helen Claire. Same detail as before only I should be ready in case she asks for a short poem. Funny that, I said "I always prepare a poem or two, just in case.

I'm in for a busy weekend, plus. Starting on Friday evening, playing with Swingaleles to open the Illawarra Folk Club concert. Saturday morning playing Uke in the centre of Wollongong CBD for the Italian Week celebrations. Sunday morning Interview on radio, then Monday Dentist. Following that - Friday we head to the Snowy Mountains of Music.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Just saw your new interview time Zondrae and of course, too late to catch it. I probably couldn't have heard it up here in The Towers anyway. Let us know how it went.
Brenda
Sing HU to open your heart.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks for the interest Brenda,

I think the interview went well. I did a poem on air, I got to mention the written competition at the SMOMF which is a email/no fee competition closing on 5th. (I think Carol Heuchan won it last year). enter through the festival website www. snowymountainsofmusic. com. au/poetry. I had about 10 minutes on air. The interviewer asked me a bit about myself. I got to mention the ABPA.
I also got to plug Illawarra Breakfast Poets, meeting every Wednesday at 7am in the community hall at Coniston, every week (except 27th June.)

Dentist tomorrow - then 'The Kembla Flame' competition and after that we are free to get away from the cold for a few weeks.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:14 am

Excellent Zondrae! You are keeping so busy, it is a credit to you. PS Camooweal won't be cold in August.
Brenda
Sing HU to open your heart.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Probably not..

But we looked at the map and fell about laughing. It certainly isn't somewhere you would just happen to be passing. By the way, do they sell car 'gas' (as in LPG) there? Wayne's new ute runs on 'Gas'.
Zondrae King
a woman of words