Collaborative Poem 1 - The Camp Fire Billy Boils

For any group effort
Zondrae

Re: Collaborative Poem - The Camp Fire Billy Boils

Post by Zondrae » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 pm

too challenging for us beginners Maureen.

Too many rules.
What's with the 6 line stanzas? Most bush verse I have read has 4 lines.
Rhyming pattern for beginners ?? surely abab or aabb.
what do others think?
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Leonie

Post by Leonie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:46 pm

zondrae wrote: what do others think?
The same, I'm out.

All those jumping syllables, 16, then 14, then down to 12, then back up to 14. Would make for a strange meter I think, what would you call that?

Hang on isn't that seven lines not six, if you start with 16, then go down to 14 for three lines, then 12 for three lines and then back to 14 for one line.

Now Maureen make it metric feet instead of syllables and you might be ok. You'd confuse me even more, because I'm more than a bit metrically challenged, :D but others might 'get it'. ;)

Terry

Post by Terry » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Everybody,
I've been unable to log on all day so have missed out on what's happening.
Perhaps we should move forward in stages say Stanza's of either 4 or six lines depending what the majority would like to do, but the lines should be a bit longer than before so we can try to get a bit more into our poem, I think Maureen's got it about right with the 14 syllables per line because 90% or more of everything posted here is just that 14 Syllables x/x/x/x/x/x/x/, later if everyone wants to get more daring we can try a more exciting meter - This is just a thought, so what do you reckon folks any ideas.

Terry

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi All

Gulp... it's over. I'd better learn not to be out Friday, unable to log on Saturday, or wait to late Sunday to log on. :(

Suzanne