Hello from North Queensland

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
Hal Pritchard

Re: Hello from North Queensland

Post by Hal Pritchard » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:50 am

Back again Brendan. Neil is the Editor of the ABPA Magazine and therefore in charge of what eventually goes in. However, as Promotions Officer of the ABPA and because I receive a lot of bush poems in my other host editor's role, I send him a young writers' page for each issue. This means that there is no duplication of what Neil receives. This seems to work very well between Neil and me.

Thanks for your email which I have answered direct.
Brenda
Always strive for total awareness.

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:26 pm

A very warm welcome to you Brendan - it's fantastic to read about your enthusiasm for bush poetry and I sincerely hope you will greatly enjoy being a part of this forum!

DollyDot

Post by DollyDot » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi Brendon
Welcome! So good to see you on here.

Best Wishes
Dot

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Hello again Brendan

May I say how wonderful it was to see you win "Best Novice" at the recent NSW Written Bush Poetry Championships, held in conjunction with the Binalong Festival.

I'm sure all the poets on this forum will concur with me when I say ... CONGRATULATIONS! (yes, in capital letters!!) :D

As has been said before, your writing shows a level of understanding and maturity not often seen in one so young, and I'm sure this will be the first of many times that your name will grace the list of prize-winners in major competitions.

Keep up the good work! :D

Best Regards
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:50 am

I reiterate what Shelley has said.

Huge congratulations Brendan. The first win is always very exciting but, in your case, I'm sure it is a prelude to many great things to come.

Just letting you know that winning the Novice section does not preclude you entering the same poem in other Open class competitions even when they say '...must not have won a first prize' or similar.

Do keep entering in competitions. I'm sure that those of us who do this would agree that it is a great way to keep improving our own writing and the standard of writing in the Bush Poetry genre grows stronger as a result of each of us helping ourselves to do better. Competitions also help the communities around Australia (particularly the remote ones) to play an active part in the Bush Poetry scene.

Look forward to your contact and further good news.

Brenda Joy
Sing HU to open your heart.