Hello Everyone!

Here new members should introduce themselves to the forum
SallyHopkins

Hello Everyone!

Post by SallyHopkins » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi my name is Sally and I have been writing poetry for the last 4 months.

I have always had the stories in mind but never the time so I made a change and here I am.

These stoemies (as I like to call them, stories/poems) are about my family's experiences living in the Outback.

I hope you enjoy what I post and come and check out my site http://sallyhopkins.me and tell me what you think.

I have no photo as yet but I will get to it. :D

Neville Briggs

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Neville Briggs » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Hello Sally. You've made a start ! bewdy mate.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

warooa

Post by warooa » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Onya Sally . . . look forward to reading your stuff.

Cheers, Marty

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:27 am

Welcome Sally,

We will love reading your work. There is a section where you can post your poems on this site. See Users Poetry rather than members poetry. What genre do you usually cover? You did mention 'family' events, but do you always favour funny things or only serious happenings? Do you perform you poems at festivals or anywhere else? Have you ever entered poems in written competitions? and most importantly, do you write with Rhyme and Metre?
In any case we aways love to have new contributors to the site. So I look forward to see some of your work.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

SallyHopkins

And again...

Post by SallyHopkins » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Hello again,

Just a little note to answer some of your questions. No I have never performed my poetry or entered any competitions. This is only something very new to me, it is only 4 months since I wrote my first poem which was the Wheat Bag.

I don't know if I actually have a genre, I have some funny poems and some sad ones and I kinda feel that they are a bit stupid. I am not really that at ease with my writing yet.

:(

Anyway I would love any advice that you can give me about writing cause I just love it. I love when I am in bed in the middle of the night and have to get up because the words are filling my head up and I have to get them out.

I decided to start writing when my dad got sick because from childhood I have heard some beautiful stories from my mum and dad and I wanted to get them down in writing for the younger ones of my family before they get lost. I want them to know that their lives are not as "horrible and hard" as they think they are, sitting in their bedrooms with their TV and iPad.

Thank you for your welcomes! :D

Glenny Palmer

Re: And again...

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:17 am

A BIG welcome Sally. You are doing a wonderful thing by just starting. That takes quite some courage, but rest assured...you will be warmly and respectfully received here. I'm sure that we are all eagerly awaiting your 'stoemies'. There are sections here for both stories and poems and our mad mob are all very supportive and helpful.
Kind Regards
Glenny Palmer
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Welcome Sally. Look forward to reading your poems.

Heather

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Welcome Sally.
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.

SallyHopkins

Post by SallyHopkins » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you everyone! Yay I love this place, I will be putting up a new poem today.