Book launch

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Heather

Re: Book launch

Post by Heather » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks Bob. Got about 83 coming to the launch so far :)

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:40 am

Heather have you a a photo of the book cover you can share? I can give it a run and some publicity on our book pages for you at TAT if you would like me to
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:00 pm

Not until it's launched Maureen (it's top secret :lol: ) Will pm you

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:05 pm

All the best with this, Heather. It should strike a chord with many, many people. Will there be any media coverage...TV news, for example?

Cheers
David

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Please do Heather - I can keep the cover under wraps until after the launch, but if you give me the details of where and when the launch is and Catherine's surname and any other details you want included I will give it some publicity for you .

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Well, this is where we are in a strange and difficult position. We had a grant to print the book but a condition of the grant is that we cannot sell the book (well, this edition anyway). It is FREE We obviously want the book to go to people who will get the most out of it which includes those affected by Black Saturday and other more recent bushfires in WA, Victoria and the Blue Mts, as well as government and other agencies involved in recovery. The Broadford CFA unit has 55 members so there's 55 gone already. They aren't going to go far. So, although publicity would be nice, we are not in a position to sell a book to everyone who wants one and publicity would be counterproductive at the moment. We will see how many go at the launch and then figure out the best way to distribute the rest. It may be that people pay the postage and we do it that way. Anyway, we'll worry about that next week :) Maybe some giant publishing company will take it up !!

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Good luck with it Heather - after all the hard work you have put into it, it would be a shame to see it disappear after its first run.

Gary Harding

Post by Gary Harding » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:33 pm

What a fantastic and noble effort. Congratulations Heather!

I logged on to arrange to BUY a book only to find that it might become a bit of a rarity now, unless reprinted!? Anyway, please(!) keep me in mind if any books become available, and if a waiting list evolves I would appreciate being on it somewhere.

A secret very well kept! A lady of surprises, for sure ! great stuff.... and again, Well Done indeed Heather!

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:25 pm

More surprises than you'd care to know about Gary! :lol: Thanks for your kind comments. It's a leap of faith to want to buy a book you haven't seen - especially at those inflated prices! I'm sure there'll be a list at some stage.

Heather :)

Jeff Thorpe

Post by Jeff Thorpe » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Congratulations Heather to you and Catherine, You must be very proud to see the result of your endeavour.

Regards, Jeff