A pleasure

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

A pleasure

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Had the very real pleasure of sharing some lovely company with my Mum when Sue (Mummsie) and her husband Ron dropped in for a cuppa when they were recently visiting the sunny state of Queensland. Leonie helped me offer some Ipswich hospitality to our southern visitors and we enjoyed a lovely couple of hours chatting and getting to know each other.

This is what ABPA is all about - people of like minds and interests becoming friends and meeting face to face. Can't put a price on that.
It is a precious gift beyond gold.

Thank you sue and Ron for taking the time to come visit beautiful Ipswich :D

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

mummsie

Re: A pleasure

Post by mummsie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Thank you for making us feel so welcome Maureen .
My thoughts echo yours. We learn so much about each other on this site, so much so that when we do meet face to face it's like we've known one another for years. It was lovely to meet your beautiful mum and meeting Leonie was an added bonus to the visit. Ron and I took so much away from the afternoon. We are home again now and in the throws of moving house ready to tackle our new role of caravan park managers, a job we're very much looking forward to, so if I seem a little quiet it's because I'm time poor at the present. Hopefully all will settle down soon and I'll have time to pursue my love of writing poetry.
If any of you are passing through, please call in and make yourself known, you will certainly be made welcome. Check out our park at http://www.riverglade.com.au
Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:47 pm

I agree. I've made some lovely friends because of this site. When I met Maureen I felt like I'd known her for years and she was just as I expected her to be. Sue and I spent 10 hours on the road to Tamworth and it felt like we had always known each other. I suppose after sharing a room together at Crookwell, we did know each other didn't we Sue?

Is all good. :)

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Caravan park looks good Sue. A bit Clack Clack even. Expect me any minute now.... :)

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 am

You are welcome any time Heather.
Shhhhhh.... what happened in Crookwell, stays in Crookwell, speaking of which- are the "Wool Wagon Awards" on this year? anyone know?
Back to the moving :!: :!:

Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 am

Ooops, so I can't mention that your husband shared a room with me too? ;)

Forward planning for Crookwell - well that would mean the "O" word Sue and you know that just ain't gonna happen! :lol:

Heather :)

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks for that Marty, dissapointed-we had sooo much fun last year.

Sue

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 pm

Oh, go on with you Sue. You'll be waaay too busy. We'll come to you instead! :D

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Got an opening for a roustabout resident poet Sue ??

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:26 am

Come on down Bob 8-) 8-)