Keep up The Good Work

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Bob Pacey

Keep up The Good Work

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:25 am

Hey I was just thinking how great it is to have our forum members reporting on festivals they attend and includeing pictures, for those of us who can not attend it keeps us in touch and almost make it feel like we are there.

Great stuff folks keep it us.

Can just imaging Heather and Sue camping hope they remembered the bloody tent pegs.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Heather

Re: Keep up The Good Work

Post by Heather » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Oh ye of little faith Pacey! Sue and I got camping down pat!

Plenty of photos of Corryong to come - just got to download, downsize, unpack, all that stuff.

Had good time at Corryong - beautiful place and the Colac Colac caravan park was simply divine!

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Yeah Bob, have some faith. Not only do we know all there is to know about camping, but we actually can get the tent to fit back in the bag. Three cheers for Heather and Sue!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Off to toastmasters, will do a full report on Corryong when I get back. Heather has all the photos.

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Smart Sue - but did you get the sleeping bags back in their bags?????? Well did you??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Maureen! How you could possibly doubt her! My sleeping bag didn't have a bag and the zip broke and I got cold toes! :(

Sue taught me every thing I know about how to get a tent back into its bag. She's sooo clever!

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:36 pm

I'll let you into a little secret Maureen, I don't do sleeping bags. NO WAY!! This girl has a full size blow up queen bed with ALL the trimmings. Matching doona and all!! Nothing like a little comfort when you camp, is there Heather!! Now I just need some sound proof walls to block out the snoring sounds from OTHER fellow campers. Oh! and a body guard for the showers, some people get REALLY nasty when you beat them to the shower with the best shower head. :o :o but apart from that, it was a bonza weekend. :D :D :D

Cheers
Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:37 am

Poor Sue will never get over the "shower incident". All showers should be equal and there wouldn't be a problem.

As for snorers! If it hadn't beeen so cold I'd have gotten up and done the world a big favour and smothered the lot of them. At one point there was a chorus of three of them all going at once. Nothing like the peace and tranquility of the countryside!

Sleeping bags are easy. You "stuff" them in the bag - don't you know that?

I've seen Sue's camping bed - she has the queen of all beds, the only thing missing is the picture above the bed. :)

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 am

Heather wrote:the only thing missing is the picture above the bed
Huh ??? Oh, you mean the one of the dark sky with the stars. That's easy to do. :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Neville, you old silly! Sue sleeps in the mansion of all tents - she can't see the stars. All mod cons in our Sue's tent!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:45 pm

I mean you paint black paint on the ceiling and put in little white dots and you have a picture over the bed of the starry sky. ;) Oh never mind.. a feeble attempt at a bit of levity. :oops:

You ladies shouldn't have had any trouble sleeping through the snorers after polishing off a couple of bottles of Chateau Puckapunyal Chardonnay.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.