Using my son as a substitute!

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Irene

Using my son as a substitute!

Post by Irene » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Well, it has been ages since I have produced any work to post here, and I can't do audio work well, so have decided to copy Stephens lead from back in Feb, and post a link to youtube. My son has just written a new song - very simple lyrics, and a little different to what he normally does, but I particularly like it as it is so easy to listen to. It is just done on a recorder at his home - so not top recording as such.

the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USBOKeI0TkY if anyone wants to listen to it.

Catchya
IRene
What goes around, comes around.

Terry

Re: Using my son as a substitute!

Post by Terry » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:41 pm

G/day Irene,
It's obvious that Stephen has inherited a bit of mums undoubted talent.

Cheers Terry

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:07 am

Cool - it's a great song - really easy to listen to and the eye candy isn't bad either :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh to be twenty again
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Irene

Post by Irene » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:05 am

Maureen!!!! :o :o ;)
Yeah, he's not bad on the eye (mother's biased!!) but I do wish he'd do something about the hair!! :D

Clint plays an easy listening acoustic these days, but this song is still a little different to his norm.
He used to play a lot of blues and, though I'm not a real blues fan, I used to love to listen to him playing all the blues riffs (??? - is that what they're called??) as he was really great with them.
But he's changed his style as he has started singing more.

BTW, when are you coming over this way??? Have to get over for our Boyup Brook weekend one year!!

Catchya
IRene

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:59 am

Oops, I called Clint, Stephen.
Which is unforgivable as I have actually met Clint last year - Sorry!

Terry

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 am

...sounds pretty good Irene, I have to agree about the hair though....not that I am in any position to comment on hair! I was more concerned about the nasty scars on his shoulders...was he in a bad accident?...... :roll:
Ross

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 am

Ross when my son first shaved his head I threw a mental until a mate said . ' Bob if that is the worse thing he does you can count yourself lucky ". He is now a successful supervisor and father of two wonderful boys.

Sometimes the book and it's cover are completley different.

Irene I marvel at anyone who can play the guitar my big boofy finger just don't seem to work on those things.

Cheers Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Irene

Post by Irene » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:23 am

Terry, that's ok!! I'm sure he's been called a lot worse!!! :lol: I knew who you meant!!

Yeah Ross - I think that was it - a bad accident!! Shocking how the scars are so dark these days eh? :o ;)

Like Bob being horrifed when his son shaved his hair, I also was horrified when Clinton got his first tattoo (in fact, quite a lovely, discreet one on the back of his shoulder!!) little knowing that it was just the first of many!! Now, I'm used to them, and know that he is a great person beneath them!! :) Both my other kids have one also, so just as well I came to terms with them!! :lol:

I'd love to play guitar also Bob - but I'm left handed and everyone has trouble teaching me anything!! But also, I don't think I have the talent!!!

catchya
Irene

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 am

good on you Irene yes guess what I'm left handed too round the camp the boys tried to teach me but alas to no aviall the only thing that I could play was merry hell on a G string and I even think that might be a problem now Bye Bye dreams and hopes of a musical career

bill the old battler

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Left hander here as well Irene so it must just be us although i know Manfred is one as well ( Left handed I mean ) :lol: :lol:

Cheers Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!