My Darling LILLY (on behalf of FRANK DANIEL)

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
manfredvijars

My Darling LILLY (on behalf of FRANK DANIEL)

Post by manfredvijars » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:01 pm

(Frank asked me to post these pics, and message on his behalf)

To those persons concerned that email messages sent to me and returned to the sender.
As far as I know all your emails are getting through to me.
Thank you,
Frank

Attached two pics of my granddaughter Lilly, who was admitted to Westmead with Leukaemia back in May. She turned two in June, and is awaiting a transplant early in the New Year. Is not expected home until next May. She’ll be three years old a month later.
Lilly is nursing her day old brother, Logan, born in Westmead where her mother has spent most of her pregnancy whilst caring for Lilly.
My wife Kerry takes it in turns spending time at Westmead to help out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave Smith

Re: My Darling LILLY (on behalf of FRANK DANIEL)

Post by Dave Smith » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Manfred Thanks for that.

Frank Mate our hearts go out to you and yours at this festive time and we hope all your New Year wishes come true.

Such gorgeous kids I think Grandkids are better that sliced bread, I just love 'em.

Dave and Elaine.
I Keep Trying

mummsie

Post by mummsie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Beautiful photos Frank, thank you for sharing. All the best to Lilly and what lies ahead and to her very special family. These children never cease to amaze me, they are such brave little souls who never complain.
I hope you are able to spend some time with your family over the Xmas period Frank. All the best to you and yours and God bless.

Sue
the door is always open, the kettles always on, my shoulders here to cry on, i'll not judge who's right or wrong.

Robyn

Post by Robyn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:08 pm

The photos make me want to hug her and you too Frank. All the very best for 2012, and hope all your prayers are answered.
Robyn
Robyn Sykes, the Binalong Bard.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Beautiful kids Frank - I'll be talking to the man upstairs tonight.

Stay strong.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

william williams

Post by william williams » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:55 pm

I am Sure Frank That all members of the forum and ABPA our heartfelt wishes go out with you and your family

Bill Williams

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Too cruel Frank. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope all goes well, they are gorgeous kids.

Heather :)

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:07 am

Morning Joe,

These young Doctors know what they are doing.. The transplant, though a life saver, will be a trial for everyone. But with a little divine help (we'll pass your message on) she will lead a normal life.
It is some consolation to know - there is life after hospital and treatment. I'm sure they have given you the percentages. The positive side gets bigger every day. They told us 80/20 the first time Wayne was in. The second time it was up to 88/12. Getting better results very year. and I believe the 'littlies' fare even better than adults.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:07 am

G'day Frank,
The world just ain't fair, we won't go into my thoughts on that, I hope all goes well for your beautiful little Lilly, seasons greetings to you and yours mate.
Ross

Frank Daniel

Post by Frank Daniel » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:26 am

Thank you Manfred for posting My Darling Lilly for me. No matter what I tried there was no way I could log in to the site.
Thank you also to those who commented in reply, I appreciate your thoughts, and just wanted you to know that all isn't a laugh a minute with old Joe.
Kerry will be spending Christmas at Westmead with Lilly whilest Lilly's mother and father, Jody and Kane, will be home in Parkes showing off the new boy.
Lilly will undergo further chemotherapy for another six weeks and then in the new year will have a transplant. They already have a donor but it is hoped when the tests come back that her new brother will be donor with his cord blood. (I hope you know what I mean.)
She will be in isolation then for the next three months. Should get home about May.
Thank you all again, and Merry Christmas.
Joe