Lose/loose

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Neville Briggs

Re: Lose/loose

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Everything on QI is true Dave. ;)

I think you have a valid argument David and an important point.

I would add to it. I agree totally that it is a bad practice to make disparaging remarks about other forms of poetry particularly modernist or free verse.

And one of the reasons I say this is because if on this site, people sneer at " free verse " as being inferior to " rhyme and metre " and then display an obvious poor grasp of formal metred verse, I suspect there is a good chance that this disparity does not go unnoticed by detractors of bush poetry.

Also another reason I say it, is I still think it is unwise to display a section that is headed tHE dAAARK sYDE , crumbs, spillage, table droppings left overs from the sumptuous feasting of rhyme-n-metre.
It may have been intended as tongue in cheek, but unfortunately it does not come across like that.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Oh I give up ! this argument or discussion if you want to call it goes on and on AND ON

The objection as I see it is not the free verse or what ever you want to call it but the posting of other forms on a site that is purported to be for bush poetry as per the definition displayed on the site info page.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and whilst we may not always agree we need to accept their right to do so long as it falls within site guidelines.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:34 pm

Of course it goes on and on, isn't it great :D We know we won't agree, we just enjoy discussing. It's healthy to have robust discussion, somebody will get something out of it :geek: :) If you don't stir the waters they just go stagnant.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Not when it the same bloody thing over and over and over again and you are worried about the view visitors have of the site ???

Bob

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:56 am

As my dear old Nana used to say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything." There are nice ways to say you disagree or don't like something and there are not so nice ways - it boils down to good manners, and respecting the feelings and opinions of others. Nanas are very wise like that.

Neville I don't watch QI in the closet. I usually sit on the couch -it's more comfortable. :)

I agree with Neville on the "Darkside" crumbs etc The title and description devalues the work anyone puts there. It might not be something everyone wants to read but there should be respect for those who contribute.

Heather :)

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Well I contributed ?

Bob

keats

Post by keats » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:00 pm

As my Grandpa said just before he died, "a truck.........."

Neil

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:02 pm

at any given time doesn't everything have a light side and a dark side? The side facing the sun light will be bright whilst the other side will be in the shadows and these will change daily in the normal progression of time.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:20 pm

So, should I be watching QI from the darkness of the closet?

keats

Post by keats » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:37 am

OK, now I have to ask. What is QI and is it on before or after the cricket?