Not my cup of tea or coffee for that matter.

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Terry

Re: Not my cup of tea or coffee for that matter.

Post by Terry » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Bob a few years back I would have said the same as you, perhaps I've mellowed or something.

At least this way it's in it's own forum to be read or be ignored as one sees fit.
And I suppose who are we to tell people what they should write anyway.

So the option seems to be either let them stay or kick them out if they persist,
which seems a just tad harsh.

Cheers Terry

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:12 am

It's a little community we have here and many of the members dabble in other forms of poetry and would like to share it with their mates here. I don't see it as any different to sharing pictures of grandchildren or fish or holiday stories (or jokes), in fact, it is probably more relevant because it is at least poetry. Matt's quite right. Most of us have been here for quite some time now and we do tend to speak our minds a bit more than a few years ago and we are not afraid to disagree. We do need to agree to disagree at times.

Heather :)

warooa

Post by warooa » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 am

Heather wrote: We do need to agree to disagree at times.

No we don't :P

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:29 am

warooa wrote:
Heather wrote: We do need to agree to disagree at times.

No we don't :P
Yes we do ... 8-)

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:47 am

I'm in two minds as to whether to agree or disagree. :?

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:03 am

I think there is sometimes a tendency to forget that this is a forum - for discussion and for sharing. It is not world politics, it is not going to solve world hunger or end all wars. It's not the end of the world as we know it if someone likes something someone else doesn't. So, my poing friends, share, discuss and let things you don't agree with go to the catcher. Enjoy this funny little world we have all created.

Heather :D

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:01 am

Hi Heather
I think we also forget that this is first and foremost a Bush poetry site and we seem to forget that at times.
All the extra's have been tacked on in recent times to the point where the old Bush Poetry Forum is almost unrecognizable.
Some like it this way others don't.

Perhaps in our enthusiasm we don't discuss things more openly and it may seem that just a few people are making changes of their own bat, without proper consulting with all members. This latest change for instance is causing some angst and we should try to avoid that.

Cheers Terry

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:36 am

All the world is strange save thee and me - and even though art a little queer something my Mum used to trot out when her and Dad had a disagreement. We never get 100% agreement on anything - so a handful of dissenters doesn't equate to squat in the grand scheme of things. Having a ballot would have solved nothing. All we have now given to us is another option to use or not as we choose. To read or not as we choose. What is the big deal - we live in a modern world where things change by the minute - surely everyone realizes that. We mightn't like it but it happens and after a while we discover that the world didn't end because of it. Put the energy into writing some good poetry and posting it - things are a bit slow on the site or haven't you noticed
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Terry

Post by Terry » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:48 am

Those are Harsh words to those who don't share you view Maureen, A bit of 'Feed The blighters Cake'

One thing is for sure we spend more time rabbiting on than we do writing poetry.

Cheers Terry

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Thought this was worth a repost for Nevilles info the decision of a separate section was a group one not mine /

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!