Pterodactyls are back!

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
warooa

Re: Pterodactyls are back!

Post by warooa » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:12 am

especially ones mired in a coagulate of avocado, vegemite and aeroguard :P

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Glenny my dear.

The old Lightning Ridge recipe, which we used when cut off from western civilisation for three months in 1976, was equal parts of Metho, Dettol and baby oil. We used this liberally on any exposed parts. Safe on the softest skin. We used it on our Baby (the one born in the car on the way to the hospital) who was just a few months old. As she still had little hair, I tied a knot is each corner of a man's hakie and put it on her head as they were eating her alive before we got the recipe.
We had the pleasure of having supplies brought in by the army in a Carabou. Luckily the airfield was elevated. That reminds me, I never did find out who I should pay for the 100 pound gas cylinder they brought me.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:23 pm

What a woman you are Zondrae! That's exaccerly what I need. I can't tolerate insect sprays with my fair skin...& lungs...Orf to the shops first thing tomorrow. Thank you my lovely.

These monsters only go on manoeuvres for about 2 weeks but that's long enough to cause torture for another fortnight. Bless you darling girl. BTW Happy Christmas to you & Wayne. :D
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Yep Zondrae, that is exactly what we used up the top end to keep the midges and skeeters off!
Ross

Dave Smith

Post by Dave Smith » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Mozzies I’ll tell ya about Mozzies, when I was working on the Broome air strip in days of long ago we had one land on the air strip and the blokes there pumped 200litres of fuel into it before they woke up it wasn’t a DC3.

Good luck with Zodraes home brew.

TTFN 8-)
I Keep Trying

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:31 pm

orr come on Dave.... :roll:
Ross

warooa

Post by warooa » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:23 pm

r.magnay wrote:Yep Zondrae, that is exactly what we used up the top end to keep the midges and skeeters off!
and what did you use on your lower extremeties? :?

BTW . . the vitamin B thing is a myth, never been proven. One thing is fact, though - it's only the bluddy sheila mozzies that bite. Something to do with needing warm blood to help fertilise eggs I think. The fellas don't even have the probiscus to penetrate human skin, they're off eating pollen somewhere. Apparently the girls prefer that too, but only out of neccessity (to procreate) do they come suckle on us.

keats

Post by keats » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Victorian mosquitos, like the residents, are very polite and knock on your window first and ask it it would be any bother if they came in for a drink.

Neil

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:34 am

...we used the same stuff Marty....(One must be so careful with their choice of words on here....especially smart arses like me... 8-) ) We didn't get a lot of mossies in the centre, and no midgees.

.... though it is hard for the sheilas to admit, they would be snookered without us....even if it is only for breeding purposes....probably explains why we get put on simple duties like putting out the bin as we get older!..... :roll:
Ross

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:45 pm

r.magnay wrote:.......even if it is only for breeding purposes....probably explains why we get put on simple duties like putting out the bin as we get older!..... :roll:
So....when are ya coming to put my bin out???...and wire up the shed...and fix the guttering...and...

(BTW. Who needs ya to reproduce? We've got cloning now. :twisted: If sheilas had muscles you'd be history Roscoe.)
:D
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.