DIESEL ENGINES?

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Glenny Palmer

Re: DIESEL ENGINES?

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Pipped me at the post Neville....pardon the pun...Yep. As far as I know we have the EPA here & I'll give them a try. Gotta do something effective about this as it really is over the top. After that half hour bloke I had a shocking headache & was still sick in the tummy the next day.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Hey Glenny, why don't you have a quiet word to that eagle friend of yours - maybe he can, um, leave a calling card on the truck. That might do it...... ;) :)

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:19 pm

G'day Glenny, I suggest you give the local councilor a good "rev up" (pun intended :lol: ) or how about get a couple of friends or a couple of nurses & yourself to park your cars where the rigs like to stop, make sure the cars are at least 1.5 to 2 cars apart.... :D my last 2 trucks were turbo's & I used to let them idle down for about 10 mins. Hope you get some results... :D

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:57 am

Many thanks David & ta for telling me the idle down time. That explains why some of them don't want to turn off their trucks if they are only going to be gone for 10 minutes. But 10 minutes of diesel fumes being pumped inside still fills up my house (& me!) But some of them leave them idling for half an hour which is a bit extreme. I did have one lovely truckie the other night who responded politely to my request to move & I asked him to tell his mates. I do have a driveway cut in there so I'll have to make it stand out more with some white paint to hopefully stop them from parking across that. Anyway...ever onwards... :D

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:14 am

Then to push home the advantage make up some signs on poles NO Parking In Driveway

Tact will always win .

This advice has been supplied free of charge .

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:12 pm

You're sooo generous Bobbity. (I had signs of a different nature in mind.... :twisted: )