Snake Photo

Discuss or chat on any topic not covered by above forums.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Snake Photo

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 pm

This TV clip claims it is a king brown - but it doesn't look like a king brown to me but I never stayed long enough to get a good look at any snake so wouldn't really know

http://www.nbntv.com.au/index.php/2011/ ... er-valley/
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Methinks young Bill might be having a lend ???

This is your post from June Bill ?

Hey Marty you say you don't mind snakes they say this is a King Brown but I have my doubts I reckon it is a Black headed python

And this is on the web.

This is out the front of my old house in Uralba.. It is where Duck Creek Mountain Road meets Uralba Road. It is a really bad corner and notorious for accidents. The guy who owns the place now has put it there to slow people down whilst approaching the bend. IT IS NOT REAL!!

From the news article ?

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:32 am

Yes Bob, I think someone is having a lend here somewhere, it sure ain,t a mulga snake..(King Brown),...which by the way, are actually of the black snake family, and I wouldn't reckon it is a black headed python either, in fact I think it might just be a BS snake!
Ross

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:40 am

I don't know how to post a photo, but here is a link to one I took on the Tanami a couple of years ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81252806@N ... otostream/
Ross

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:57 am

That is a big one Ross - the original posted photo just doesn't really look right to me and yet I can't see indication that is has been photo-shopped, so have to presume that it really was that long which would be pretty scary. But then most snakes scare me. You have some some fabulous photos on your other site. Love the sunset shots and the feral camels.

Cheers

Maureen

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:45 am

Flick em over and give us a look mate ! Manny might need another section for Photos ? Sounds like a few of us are interested.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:43 am

Click onto the link Ross supplied Bob and it will open up his photostream for you. Some great shots there.

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:02 am

'morning Maureen,
Yes he was probably about 2m long, it is on the Tanami track, the road which goes from Alice to the Tanami gold mines and then on to Halls Creek in WA, it sees a lot of roadtrains and I was keen to see him off the road before he got run over. It's funny how things go, I have been knocking around the bush pretty much all my life, and had only ever seen one live python in the wild in my life, then I saw two in as many weeks, all of them black headed pythons as well. There is also another similar snake called the woma python, it is a bit lighter with similar markings but no black head, I have seen one in capivity but not in the wild.
I actually think the photo at the start of this is not nesscessarily an altered photo, more a set up "snake" It looks too long and skinny for a start, the head doesn't look right and it looks too shiny for my liking!

Bob, if you click on the link in my previous post, then look to the right of the snake photo, you will see some small photos in a photostream, if you want to have a look just click on them.
Ross