Does anyone know?

Looking for a poem and can't find it? Post what you know and someone may be able to help.
All registered Forum users can post here.
Zondrae

Does anyone know?

Post by Zondrae » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:22 pm

One of the newer members of IBP,

has come across a poem he would like to use but it has no authors name on it. It is called "Christmas Night Down Under" and tells of a visit from Santa with his sleigh pulled by Kangaroos. Some of the names for the roos are Kylie and Shane. It goes into detail about what Santa wears and drinks etc. Any suggestions?
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Kym

Re: Does anyone know?

Post by Kym » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:39 pm

HI Zondrae,

I reckon the poem/book you are after is "An Aussie Night Before Christmas" by Yvonne Morrison and Kilmeny Niland, a hardcover board game book published by Scholastic Australia.

Does this sound familiar ...

Now, Kylie! Now, Kirsty!
Now, Shazza and Shane!
On, Kipper! On, Skipper!
On, Bazza and Wayne!

Park up on that water tank,
grab a quick drink,
I'll scoot down the gum tree,
be back in a wink!

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 pm

That's the one Kym,

Thanks a lot. I told Ralph someone would know. How have you been? You've been very quiet lately.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Kym

Post by Kym » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi Zondrae, yup, I'm fine, just busy, busy, busy. If that is the poem you are after, do you want me to type it out and email it to you?

K.

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks for the offer,

But he already knows it rote. He just didn't know who wrote it, as he got it from an email and you know how the authors name often gets 'lost' from emails. He is a new member of IBP and has been reciting for a while. He just didn't know there was a group.
His name is Ralph and he had never written a poem til two weeks ago. It is quite a co-incidence that two Ralphs have poped up at the same time. This one walked in and joined the group and another one has contacted me because of the 'Kembla Flame'. The one who lives somewhere round Eden is a fairly good writer. Just needs some pointers about the finer details of ABPA rules and I can see him winning comps.

Anyway thanks for the information. Stay well.
Zondrae King
a woman of words