POETRY PROMPTS FOR JANUARY 2023

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

POETRY PROMPTS FOR JANUARY 2023

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:12 am

OK Folks we are up and running for 2023

Good to see a little bit of interest shown and hopefully we can build on that. Do hope this finds everyone safe and well and thinking of those of our friends in W A who at the moment my well be a trifle soggy :(

Seems Mother Nature hasn't finished with us just yet, despite my optimistic hope that perhaps she had......all we can do is keep on keeping on, but perhaps do it a bit smarter (all the world) and be consistently aware and proactive to endeavour to cease causing environmental damage. Tit for tat springs to mind in my head.

So let's see what you can all do with these ideas - get those muses working - they have had a good holiday ..... I need to stir my stumps as well so hopefully something will jump out and bite me. Go to it my lovelies and spread the word that we are up and running again. Everyone is welcome to join in.

How the mighty have fallen

the empty void of darkness

the return of honour

Golden Guitars

making memories

fronting the bar

And don't forget that writing poetry is great therapy - Poems are supposed to make you feel something even if you don’t understand them. They help you get feelings out, but make sure to have fun whilst doing it.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Terry

Re: POETRY PROMPTS FOR JANUARY 2023

Post by Terry » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi Maureen

Happy new year.

Good to see your back again, old friends are always welcome.

Some great Prompts as well.

Terry

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: POETRY PROMPTS FOR JANUARY 2023

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:11 am

Thank you Terry :D
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.