HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR NOVEMBER

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR NOVEMBER

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:01 am

As always those who participated in last months challenge excelled. No surprises there I confess because the standard is always high and I do hope that you all have a bit of fun with it along the way.

Now here's this month's challenge for you mob - and I suspect that whilst it is IMO one with a degree of difficulty, our poets here will overcome it with ease and utilize it to its best potential.

If you are game enough to take it on the challenge is to preserve some of our Aussie lingo that is disappearing fast from our vocabulary, by incorporating NOT ONE BUT ALL of these phrases into your poem.

So you not only have to think up a good yarn to get around that, you now also have to make it rhyme as well. I think the phrases should be familiar to everyone but I did put an explanation on one for the younger ones in our group who just perhaps may not have heard of it :roll: :? :lol:

Go to it my lovelies and here they are ........

ARE YOUR EARS PAINTED ON?

BARMY AS A BANDICOOT -

BLOODS WORTH BOTTLING

CATCH YOU ROUND LIKE A RISSOLE

DO A MELBA ( make repeated farewell performances)

FELL OUT OF THE UGLY TREE -
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.