HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR APRIL 2022

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR APRIL 2022

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:31 pm

Thanks to those who participated in the March workshop - the war in Ukraine was the popular choice, interestingly no one chose to write about the floods in our backyard.

For this months exercise I have chosen the topic 'The view from my window'. We don't share the same 'view' but it will be interesting to see what similarities might arise. The window of course doesn't have to be the window in your home, it might be a ships porthole, a car windscreen, a view from an aircraft and the time frame used is of course up to you - we all see things differently as we age and some may choose a view from their younger days.

Here's a few prompts you can use if short of inspiration, but up to each poet as to whether or not they do.

Ten thousand stars

cerulean sky

pink and orange sunrise

misty veils

shattered skeletons of skyscrapers

dreams diminished by the dawning

Go to it my lovelies
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.