HOMEWORK PROMPT FOR WEEK ENDING 7TH JUNE 2021

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPT FOR WEEK ENDING 7TH JUNE 2021

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue May 18, 2021 10:24 am

Thank you to those who participated in the last set of prompts - I had hoped that more of you would have done so but perhaps it didn't have as much appeal as I thought it might. Never mind.

Trying something that we haven't done in absolute ages this week - a Collaborative Poem. Anyone can start it ........ and then maintaining the same poetic sequence the next person adds a verse onto the story, which of course will be made up as we go along and who knows where it will take us and end up. You are welcome to add as many verses to the collaboration as you wish, but one at a time to allow everyone to have a go if they wish.

We have done these in the past and they have been great fun, and the story lines end up to be quite amazing as well, with many twists and turns.
Let's see how we go - have a bit of fun with it and at the end - I will bring it all together and finish it off.

Copy and paste the previous verses before adding on your own and add your name after each verse so that all are accredited to the right poet.

OK so who is going to kick this off? :lol: The first verse is up - along with some ideas/thoughts that might help you to plot the journey and get the storyline and your brain cells heading in the right direction. Give it a go - have a bit of fun with it :lol:
Last edited by Maureen K Clifford on Wed May 19, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Terry

Re: HOMEWORK PROMPT FOR WEEK ENDING 7TH JUNE 2021

Post by Terry » Tue May 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Never mind Maureen I'll take the blame - seemed like a good idea at the time!

Anyway better luck with this months effort - should be something for everybody who cares to have a go.

Terry

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Wed May 19, 2021 9:48 am

No blame Terry - it was a great idea. Perhaps too hard :lol:

Hoping the latest idea will get a good run

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Fri May 21, 2021 9:47 pm

Hi Terry and Maureen

It was a great idea and I'm truly sorry I didn't get to participate. I had a couple of really good ideas, and then my poetry and whole life was completely taken over by the sudden critical illness of an elderly deaf friend of ours. We are not his carers but he has no family and I interpret Auslan for him, so we have been involved every day for the last month in necessary arrangements, phone calls and so on.

It is still going on, but maybe I'll get time to finish my "lingo" poem and post it - even if it is very late.

In the meantime, the collaborative poem is another great idea.

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Catherine Lee

Post by Catherine Lee » Sat May 22, 2021 2:19 pm

It was indeed a great idea Terry - no blame whatsoever falls with you... In my case the fault was all mine due to sheer inexplicable blankness! Like Shelley, it will remain a personal challenge for me down the track! Thank you once again for the idea x

(Shelley, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - sending big hugs.
Last edited by Catherine Lee on Sun May 23, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terry

Post by Terry » Sat May 22, 2021 6:06 pm

Hi Maureen, Shelley and Catherine

No need to apologize ladies, you don't have to do them all, I skip a few myself from time to time.
I'm a bit late coming in on this one, lots of distractions at the moment.

By the way has anyone heard from Neville?

Sorry to hear about your friend Shelley.

Cheers all

Terry

Shelley Hansen

Post by Shelley Hansen » Sat May 22, 2021 8:29 pm

Thanks Terry. Yes, sometimes circumstances just get in the way.

I haven’t heard from Neville in a long time.

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Maureen K Clifford

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun May 23, 2021 11:02 am

Neville has posted a few times on FB in the last few days so presuming all is OK with him - nothing to indicate otherwise. Probably gets caught up with other things as we all do.
Sorry to hear you have lost a good friend Shelley - a very sad event. Your staunch friendship would have been appreciated and cherished.
By all means post your Aussie Lingo poem - nothing here is set in concrete as you know.
Enjoy your weekend everyone :lol: