HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 17th MAY 2021

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 17th MAY 2021

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:22 pm

As always the last set of prompts saw different paths being explored by our very talented poets. That always interests me - a bit like sitting a bunch of artists out in a paddock and telling them to paint what they see - and then seeing the differences - I guess that says a lot about us all as individuals. Some of us see black and white, some of us are grey and shadowy, others are colourful and sunshiny - it is our differences that make us so 'special'. You may not consider yourselves to be special but believe me you are ..... my personal belief is that 'we' the poets of today, will be seen to be the 'chroniclers' of our time, in the future decades, centuries to come - that is if our world makes it through Covid.

Perhaps like the Egyptian tombs that are uncovered and found to hold treasures - our words, on different sites around the world will also one day be rediscovered, and give enlightenment to future generations. :lol: I wonder what they will make of our numerous poems about 'Dunnys' :?: :?: :?:

Anyway enough of my ramblings - let's see what you can do with this suggestion ..... which came from Terry by the way - thanks mate .

That we all write a poem incorporating 'Aussie phrases that are going out of use'.

For example - but not limited to -

Have a squiz. ...
Pull ya head in. ...
Having a Barry Crocker. ...

Are you up for the challenge? Right oh! Off you go.

Cheers,

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.