Homework for week ending 09/04/12 - Easter Monday

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Homework for week ending 09/04/12 - Easter Monday

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Ok we’ve all had a bit of fun with our Limerick type Bush Poetry and then our Acrostic poetry using our names or AKA aliases as the case might be. Terrific to see the response to both of these fortnightly prompts as it just proves we are not too old to ‘play’ and show our light hearted side.

That I reckon is a good thing – because a good laugh every day does more for your body than bottles of pills and potions, and if we can laugh at ourselves and with our mates and not take life too seriously it is all to the good.

Trying to think of something different to spark the muse within is a bit of a challenge - so since Easter is just around the corner, and that means a happy time for the littlies and of course has religious connotations for many of us - lets see if we can write an Easter Poem but perhaps from a different perspective. Maybe its the Chocolate Easter Bunny or Bilby in fear of being eaten, or the child who knows that no Easter Eggs will be coming his way because .......................??????

It might the lonely elderly lady or gentleman who live on their own who go to church on Easter Sunday as they do every Sunday, and whilst everyone there is cheerful and offers Easter Greetings not one person thinks to ask them around for a meal or to share a bit of company.

Perhaps it is a bloke out in the bush - with kids in the city who never come to visit and rarely make contact - and he fondly remembers the excitement of Easter Egg hunts when they were little and his wife was still alive. But now his Easter Egg is.......???

Maybe its the kids at school all dying Easter Eggs - and yet no one knows what the significance of that is - what does it represent?

Anyway you mob are pretty smart so I reckon you are sure to come up with something . You could even make your own Easter Card and share it with us - with a poem inside of course.

Go for it

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.