Homework prompt for week ending 06/02/12

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Homework prompt for week ending 06/02/12

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Something different sparked by something Neville said recently in a post. Neville is always entreating us to show not tell and so with that in mind I wondered if you blokes and sheilas were up to the challenge of writing about this picture?

It will be interesting to see what comes out of it because although we all see :shock: the same picture we all see it with different eyes and from different perspectives. So whilst it is a pretty iconic Australian bush scene the stories that it sparks will I am sure be many and varied. The shots were taken in the Tenterfield area but could be anywhere of course.

Thanks to those who contributed in the last fortnights exercise. It would be nice to see some of the newbies have a shot at this one - because your poem will not be constricted by using someone else’s prompts to complete the exercise, and those prompts may well perhaps be prompts that you are uncomfortable with anyway.

So here is an opportunity to show not tell – show us in your words the picture you see or the story you visualize – I reckon you are up for it. Be free my little cherubs – let your words, slings and arrows fall where they will. :lol: :lol:

There is no word limit or line limit, no fixed rhyming scheme other than rhyme itself Take a walk on the wild side and release those words from out of your head – they are not going to set the world on fire stuck in there.

Cheers

Maureen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

DollyDot

Re: Homework prompt for week ending 06/02/12

Post by DollyDot » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Maureen, how do I get to see the picture? I can see what you have written and was thinking about having a go but can't see the picture. I have loads of trouble navigating this site!! You know folks are dumb where I come from :oops: !! Well that's me.

DC

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Homework prompt for week ending 06/02/12

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:55 pm

You've got me beat Dolly - if you post a comment you must be signed in and if you are signed in you should be able to see the piccy. Didn't know you came from Ipswich as well - please explain :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any one else out there know what is going on.?????

Dolly if you want to PM me your personal email address I can flash the picture over to you on that, if not the pictures are

1. Two granite monoliths dare I say phallic shaped :oops: standing side by side in a grassy and lightly wooded paddock with a slightly smaller cluster of irregular shaped rocks between them. There are some gums and cypress trees around them.

2. a pair of pretty faced wallabies in the same paddock amongst a litter of granite boulders with Batchelor buttons (little yellow wildflowers) scattered through the grass around them and in the foreground you can see the leaves of a gum tree.

Hope that helps and sorry I don't have the answer as to why you can't see it as I am not the least bit technical. It might be along the lines of the problem that won't let me listen to any of the audios on here.

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.