w/e/ 9.1.12 Different Tomorrows ?

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Neville Briggs

w/e/ 9.1.12 Different Tomorrows ?

Post by Neville Briggs » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:10 pm

DIFFERENT TOMORROWS ?

Let's have a woman premier,
let's have a woman chief.
We musn't speak about the little lady
anymore.
Put wonder woman at the top
where men would lead before.

Let's have a woman governor,
let's have a woman mayor.
And if the sovereign Crown of State can grace
a woman's head;
it would be better having girls
where men once ruled and led.

Bit still the sin of pride corrupts;
the throne of power grimly held.
Despite progressive fantasies admiring
femme success.
The winners win and losers lose
the money; more or less.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: w/e/ 9.1.12 Different Tomorrows ?

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:21 pm

IMO for what it is worth both sexes bring worthwhile talent to these positions. I wouldn't have a problem with women holding all of these positions any more than I would have with men holding them as it has been so in the past. Would like to think that the best person for the job held them and wish that Australians - myself included - would get over the tall poppy syndrome and give them a fair go to get on with the job in hand, They virtually just get to find their feet and we are baying at their heels and seeking change.

A very unrealistic and unfair attitude - Rome was not built in a day, and even God took a while to get the earth up and running and he is considered to be the man with the ultimate power - so why do we expect our Pollies to draw rabbits out of hats? Why do we think Australia should be any bloody different?

Liked the poem Neville - see got me thinking and ranting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I think Anna Bligh and Julia Gillard are doing a good job and Mrs Windsor has held the reins firm over the decades and managed not to run into any fences that I can recall.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Re: w/e/ 9.1.12 Different Tomorrows ?

Post by Neville Briggs » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 am

I wasn't decrying womens talents Maureen. More to do with..the more things change the more they stay the same.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.