Poetry prompts for week ending 10/10/11

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Poetry prompts for week ending 10/10/11

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:10 am

Thought to try using a phrase to perhaps make the challenge a bit more interesting???

Love the idea, hate the idea – let me know because otherwise we will never know if you like it or not. Nothing is set in concrete. If anybody has any ideas you would like to try out here – share with the mob and we can be sure to give it a run.

Had a couple of thoughts but didn’t want to ruin anyone’s inspiration or upset their muse.

Do you fancy a fortnight to write original Limericks with only the first line supplied? Your choice of words from there on in but with a twist. The second writer who posts takes a line from the previous writers limerick???? Kind of like a collaborative limerick.

Or how about an alphabet poem - each line begins with the letter of the alphabet - could look at say 6 lines per poet with the next poet following on and heaven help the one of us who draws the short straw and gets the WXYZ bit at the end :lol: :lol: but with the talent this group has I am sure it would not be a problem - could be a fun trip.

Anyway food for thought for the one after this but for the time being the new prompts are listed below.

Don’t forget this week is - so Bob tells us the International week of funny poems :lol: :lol: :? :lol: :lol: 8-) :o :roll: :D :lol: :P …so get your thinking caps on and away you go.

words were but fleeting whispers heard
embraced
slumber
redeem
fret
faintly on the wind

Cheers

Maureen
Last edited by Maureen K Clifford on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Re: Poetry prompts for week ending 10/10/11

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:50 am

Just started thinking about an alphabet poem - and just because

A POEM FROM A TO ZEE

A bird can dive,
effortlessly fly, glide,
hover - inspired.

July Kama lingers.

Maybe not only people quest.
Rushing, searching to unveil vibrancy.
Windswept xanthorrhoea yaw -zigzag.

Maureen Clifford © 09/11
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Wendy Seddon

Re: Poetry prompts for week ending 10/10/11

Post by Wendy Seddon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Maureen,
I like both ideas - go for it!!
I'll try joining in.

Wen
Wen de Rhymewriter There is nothing mundane about the ordinary.