HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR APRIL 2023

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR APRIL 2023

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:26 am

This year is already galloping past - and we have 3 months of poetry under our belt, with very varied views as one would expect. THANK YOU to all who participated - hope you had a bit of fun along the way and our last writing exercise for March our Collaborative poem has been shared over to Facebook on the ARP page .... I would share it onto the ABPA page on Facebook as well but that option is not available to me ... maybe Brenda or Shelley might like to do so.

Anyway here's a few ideas for April, that might get those poetic thoughts flowing. One can but try.

So using a single suggestion or a combination of any - give these a workout....

Write about a time in your life you said goodbye to someone – this could be as simple as ending a mundane phone conversation, or harder goodbyes to close friends, family members, or former partners.

Moonlight serenade - write about an experience in the moonlight, an empty raft floating down a river, a person kneeling at the edge of a lake, peering into the water. or a time when your illusions of someone/something were shattered.

Go to it my lovelies, :lol:

Cheers,

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Terry

Re: HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR APRIL 2023

Post by Terry » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:44 pm

Good on you Maureen

If it wasn't for you this workshop wouldn't exist.
Come to think of it, the handful of poets who still contribute to this whole forum,
also deserve a pat on the back.
With so little contribution from anyone else, you wonder if it's all worthwhile.

Cheers Maureen

Terry

Shelley Hansen

Re: HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR APRIL 2023

Post by Shelley Hansen » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:29 pm

Hi Maureen

In regard to the collaborative poem - there are 2 things you can do if you would like to contribute it to the FB page. You can post it as a visitor's post (probably your best option) or you could send it to ABPA Facebook editor Jan Lewis. I can email her contact details to you if you'd like to do that.

But posting it as a visitor's post then allows the Facebook editor access to it.

Cheers
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")