HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR FEBRUARY 2023

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:00 pm

I think the poems that were submitted for January were excellent - a great kick off for the New Year which I hope all are approaching with a degree of optimism.

Our poets made terrific use of the prompts and as always the subject matter was quite varied - but each poem IMO was a standout. So pat on the back everyone - WELL DONE

So another month to put you all to the test and see what magic you can muster along with your muse to put the music into these prompts. I know you can do it - and for those who hesitate to participate please give it a go .... there are no criticisms here, only ever support or suggestions that might prove helpful.

What can you do with these ideas ??????? And by all means if you a poem already written that covers the brief feel free to use it, maybe update it a tad, or rework it.

Write a poem describing how your favourite colour tastes .... taste the rainbow ... your morning cup of coffee .. for example the caramel colour of cappuccino capped with chocolate caressed your tongue with a bitter sweetness - the perfect balance of espresso, steamed milk and foam.

Describe the sound of silence in a poem ... imagine you were a deaf person

Write your poem in the form of a recipe....Leonie Parker and myself had great fun doing this some years back, with the intention of perhaps a poetry book of recipes all written in rhyme ... it can be done :)

Can you trust someone you have doubted in the past? Share your thoughts with us in rhyme

Your choice of 4 ideas - go to it my lovelies

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.