HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 16.8.21

All Registered Forum Users can participate in the writing exercises for the current fortnight.
Users can also participate in comment and constructive feedback in this Workshop.

Moderator: Shelley Hansen

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

HOMEWORK PROMPTS FOR WEEK ENDING 16.8.21

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all surviving the winter weather, lockdowns and other unpleasant events that are falling thick and fast as we speak - but having said that, despite the doom and gloom that sometimes surrounds us we are still living in the luckiest country in the world, and if we do as asked, pull together, and watch out for each other, that will continue to be the case.....such a shame there are some selfish people out there who don't embrace that concept.

The gathering of our athletes from around the world inspires hope of unity - It must be pretty weird competing when the arena is empty of spectators, and IMO the hype is missing that lifted the athletes, but they all looked very happy to be there and so they should as it is the ultimate culmination of years of hard yakka on there parts. The Japanese people are going all out to make it memorable for them.

We can do our bit by perhaps ??????? should you choose to take the challenge, writing a poem to support our Olympians, or the prompts can be used in a different way entirely - the choice is entirely up to you. See what you can do with this lot.

Reaching for Gold

a culture shared

no shortage of star power

unite the world

they spent the whole week fencing

jumping fences

Go for it -

Cheers,

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.