The Ghost of Cockle Ridge

Australian poetry written especially for children of all ages including pre-school children.
All registered Forum users can post here.
Ron

Re: The Ghost of Cockle Ridge

Post by Ron » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:37 pm

I reckon that's pretty good Allan, I think the reader would have to break it down to suit the time of reading. What I mean by that, is that I find reading stories to the Grandkids at bed time when their attention is somewhat undivided they tend to soak it up more and then look forward to the next installment the following night.
Just my opinion for what it's worth (I'm only a learner at all this too) but I think your story line and rhyme is good for the intended purpose.

Thanks
Ron

Cropduster

Post by Cropduster » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks Ron

Glad you liked it :D

I am trying to find out how you go about getting permission to attach a file so that I can attach the whole story for anyone wishing to read it.

Because it is so long, I don't want to place it on the forum, and I would rather not continue to post it in instalments.

I tried to attach the file a while ago but I am informed I am not authorised to do so. Any advice?

Cheers

Allan

Ron

Post by Ron » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Sorry Allan, I have only limited knowledge on this 'techo' stuff so couldn't help you there mate, :( should be someone that could help though.

Ron

Cropduster

Post by Cropduster » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Thanks Ron

I have posted a query in Site Problems / Issues so I am sure someone will be able to assist

Cheers

Allan

warooa

Post by warooa » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:30 am

G'day Alan,

I say just post it, mate. I know exactly where you're coming from having kids myself who have the whole Graeme Base collection. His books are bloody fantastic and the beginning of yours is pretty good - I agree it's the illustrations that set the stories alight. The eleventh hour without the drawings would be tedious. Welcome to the forum and look forward to having a gander at some of your other stuff.

Cheers, Marty

Cropduster

Post by Cropduster » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:02 am

Cheers Marty

I am glad you are familiar with 'The Eleventh Hour', and while I could not hope to have illustrations as elaborate as his, you are right in saying that illustrations bring these types of stories alive.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but The Ghost of Cockle Creek holds a special place in my heart as it was specifically written for my daughter, took me by far the longest time to get it to where it is, and my daughter chose to memorise and recite the first page at school, which gained the notice of the teaching staff.

I am waiting to see if I can get authorisation to attach the file rather than post the complete story on the forum (have you read Part 2 which is already posted?).

If that is not possible, then I will probably post the entire story here.

Thank you for your kind words and support. I hope you enjoy some of my other poems.

Cheers mate

Allan Cropper