Paid by installments

All registered Forum users can post bush poetry dedicated to all those who served
warooa

Re: Paid by installments

Post by warooa » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:56 am

Good stuff Marty . . . well said - some good lines in there; I like "youth is their deposit, non-refundable of course". A bit of a buff up around the edges and you got a top shelf poem there, mate.

Marty

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Marty, I totally agree with Marty...'blimey...I'm still seeing double from New Year's Eve...an' I don't even drink!

Seriously though, I think this a belter and I'm delighted that I had, in some small way, something to do with it's creation. You have certainly put the flesh to the idea in a truly sensitive and meaningful way. Congratulations mate; it's a piece you should be proud to put your name to.

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm

G'day Marty, a bit slow catching up with stuff this new site doesn't indicate just the recently unread posts and sometimes they get away from me a bit. Anyway, a very good poem and unfortunately so true, the sad part about this is how our leaders handle it all, we all know what a mess the Vietnam war was and the homecoming even worse, but a mate of mine had to go through all sorts of crap to qualify for his full pension, they made him see a shrink...(we all said we would vouch for his insanity ;) ) to prove he was not quite right so he would qualify! He is a twin, so both went, this bloke was right amongst it and scored a back full of schrapnel early on, his twin tried to get him sent home, he wouldn't go unless they both went so he stayed, then they put him through all that to give him a war pension! Makes your words ring so true."...non refundable of course." Must admit I like that line too.
Ross

Trisha Patterson

Post by Trisha Patterson » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi Marty,
Just loved the sentiment! With a little "polish-up" I agree with the other Marty..."a top shelf poem" in the making! Well done.
Regards
Trish