GREED

This section contains archival material from former Forum users.
Membership forms: http://www.abpa.org.au/membership.html
r.magnay

Re: GREED

Post by r.magnay » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Greed is a funny thing to define I reckon, I don't know anyone who will work for free, and before you say anything about volunteers working for free...I don't think so, maybe cheap but nobody works for free! We all have to eat and we can't do that if we don't get paid, even if it is in tucker, then greed gets a bit easier to define, "....that greedy pig ate until he got sick!" Hands up anyone who knows someone who knocked back a pay rise....because they didn't think they needed it! So everyone who ever got a pay rise is greedy? I too think it is obscene for CEO's and the like to get payed as much as they do, but........if someone offered us a similar wage would we accept it? Sure we may, and I say may, distribute it a bit more fairly...but would we? I guess most of us will never really know the answers to these questions so I still think greed is a hard thing to define. But please don't lump all successful people in the greedy class....that is not the case!

Hey Dave, the office Johnies that never carried a pool table or a piano or climbed a water tank or dug a trench, might not be greedy....just smarter than us ;)
Ross

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm

G/day Ross,
This little one stirred a bit of interest didn't it.
As I said are any of us any better. If the Chinese come along and make us a big offer for our little gold show, well obviously we're going to knock them back of course.

Cheers Mate - Terry

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:31 am

G'day Terry,
Yeah, sorry about that, I got a bit carried away on my soapbox to even acknowledge that it is your poem! and a good little thought provoking one at that.
Ross

David J Delaney

Post by David J Delaney » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: point taken Ray.