King Parrot

Post your images from any Bush Poetry events here.

Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb. If your greatest image dimension is 600px or under, there will be no problems keeping within the file sizes.
Keeping the LARGEST dimensions at 600px means, if the length is 600px then the width could be the same but preferably less. Conversly, if the width is 600px then the length could be the same but preferably less.
Forum rules
Please keep the file sizes down to under 150kb and the dimensions UNDER 600 X 600px ...
Neville Briggs

King Parrot

Post by Neville Briggs » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:31 pm

It's drought stricken round our way, getting so bad that the wild birds are coming into town.

A couple of King Parrots wandered in at the back of the old Mechanics Institute building in Singleton. You can see what's left of the grass.

parrot.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Heather

Re: King Parrot

Post by Heather » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:58 pm

A beautiful bird Neville. We've not long come out of drought and had a really wet winter this year - consequently lots of grass and high fire danger once again. Nature's a funny ol' beast isn' it? I have a friend in WA battling with the weather - too dry for the wheat to grow and then as soon as he goes to harvest it starts to rain and now the quality of the grain is poor. Meantime we were complaining of too much rain here.

Heather :)

Ron

Post by Ron » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Now, that could be an in depth review of 'Said Hanrahan'
Ron.

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 pm

One of my favourites Ron... :)

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:43 pm

They are beautiful birds Nev I have a family of Crimson Wings that visit each day for a drink.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

r.magnay

Post by r.magnay » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:11 am

What a coincidence Bob, we have a mob of black wings that go past here every day....having a drink!... ;)....(can't say they are so beautiful though).... :?
Ross

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:58 pm

When I was still living at 'Fairymeade Cottage' I had 14 King Parrots on the back verandah once.
But the most amazing one was 'Pearly.' This completely wild bird responded to my chatter & calling. She began by sitting on the push out window above my kitchen sink & observing all that I did. When I called her name she put her head around the bottom of the sliding door. I hand fed her bird seed...only once without it being on a small lid...ouch!! Then she started sitting on my wrist as I went about the place. One day while she was so doing I had to walk through the house to answer the front door. She just stayed put on my wrist. And then....I was propped up in bed having a morning cuppa when I called her to the bedroom window. Alan snuk out & brought in some bird seed...& blow me down if she didn't fly in...& walk over the fluffy doona right up to me for her feed.
She returned with the flock next season & I was heartbroken to see that all of the new young birds had beak deformities.
I'll never forget Pearly. She was just a beautiful green feathered angel.
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Communing with a wild creature..it's an amazing experience Glenny. :)
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.