Members' or users' poetry?

Discussion of any bush poetry topic.
ONLY Registered Forum Members have access to this Forum.
Heather

Re: Members' or users' poetry?

Post by Heather » Tue May 31, 2011 12:36 pm

And sections for cynicism and sarcasm.....Yeah, yeah, I know, naughty corner .....see ya..

keats

Post by keats » Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Na, no naughty corner Heather. It's a good debate. I agree that sections have to be limited. We can't just keep on making up places to post for everyone's individual likes and dislikes, that's why I say do away with the remembrance section because it's too specific. I don't like war or ANZAC poems personally, all the same to me, BUT if I come across one in the general poetry section I will often read it in amongst the others, appreciate it, and therefore be exposed to it where I would never have otherwise gone to it's pigeon hole to read it. Any ideas yet on perks for paid members only? I'll be in Heather's naughty corner.

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue May 31, 2011 1:23 pm

Hey Manny how about Poems only! by Members and Public
All comments only to be in the following section to be by members only. so public Join ASAP

To me that would save a lot of needless or mindless palaver that is carried on within
(I know I am guilty to)

Bill Williams

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Tue May 31, 2011 1:43 pm

How about paid up members get a get out of jail (naughty corner) card for free - limited to 6 uses a year :lol: :lol:
Probably won't help Bob much though :| :roll:
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue May 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Keep it simple. Few sections.

There should be motivation for "users" to join ABPA so perhaps they don't have some rights. This is the ABPA site afterall. It's not about labels. In my historical society the members get certain privileges such as: free research in person; free tours; discounts on publications; newsletter etc. You'd be surprised how many join to get the free research. It is sold as a package. With these changes the memberhip grew from about 30 and has now been just over 100 for the past 6 years or so.

Get you're own corner. Mine is full :lol:

Heather Purple, bold, and proud of it!

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue May 31, 2011 1:45 pm

That's the idea Maureen. Members' privileges! Onya girl 8-)

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue May 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Ok so read the original question again people.

I pose this question to those who are members and post in the users' section and not the members. Why?

If members are going to post in users, is there any point in having both?

If you are a member and post in members. Why?

Terry

Post by Terry » Tue May 31, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm with you on this one Marty,
I reckon it works pretty well as it is.
As for the threads, does it really matter if they meander after awhile, you don't have to read them, and as long as they amuse some people who really cares, you can always start another one.

If someone's really interested in joining they can find out easily enough, the invitation is there when you sign on.

Terry

william williams

Post by william williams » Tue May 31, 2011 5:10 pm

Why not leave it like it is or like it was rather than stuff it up any further.
When ANDY run it was plain and simple, I should know my tail was kicked often because I stepped out of the acceptable boundaries.
Now there seems to be many upheavals and running around willy nilly and the boundaries are being lowered.

There are now schools that DO NOT go to our site because of the way we behave. As we often we behave like a bunch of school kids and not like responsible adults that we are claiming to be.

We now have several new sections which is good for the public to view and assess (hope that is the right word) the Audio, and the yarns and stories they lead the people into trying to understand our past which are helpfull to visitors and members alike

But what is noticeable is the creeping in of sarcasm and lack of common decency and questionable remarks by all of us for why?
Are we trying to out do each other by lowering our standard to those off a lesser standard.

These are my thoughts are they wrong Bill Williams
Last edited by william williams on Tue May 31, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Tue May 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Go right ahead Bill and make it comments only but you will not see me for dust ! I work hard and when I get home I want a bit of interaction be it reading poems or comments or even a little bit of funny banter amoungst friends.

I do not know if any one knows but I worked for about 10 years as head promotions officer for a large supermarket chain ( yes I know hard to believe ) and we were always keen to run what we called " Hooks In Promotions ' Thats where by joining our members club you got specific privilages that were available to members only. They still run something similar now but they call it different things. Woolies have their everyday rewards for discount petrol as an example.

I really do not know if we need to go down that track but yes it would be nice to see some additional benefit in being a member. I already get cheap insurance and a great magazine and get to talk to great people nearly every night so I'm sold.

I always post in the members section as I assumed only members could post comments there so I felt that I was more likely to get constructive comments and I do.

Who are these unknown non members that we are so concerned about ?

Yes some form of member identification is required but other then that as previous posts have said leave it as it is and those who want additional comments can post in the users section.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Pacey on Tue May 31, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!