The Gourmet Barbecue

For video and audio LINKS to forum member's performances and presentations on You Tube, Vimeo etc.
The maximum file size for an AUDIO UPLOAD is 4.5 Mb
(No video uploads are accepted - LINKS ONLY)
Neville Briggs

The Gourmet Barbecue

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 pm

With much trepidation I'll put this on. As you can hear it has a few faults. I had a few goes at it and every time I made different mistakes, so I settled on this one. Feel free to point out my weaknesses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neville
" Prose is description, poetry is presence " Les Murray.

Leonie

Re: The Gourmet Barbecue

Post by Leonie » Fri May 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Yum, a sausage sizzle, best way to eat 'em.

I don't come into audio much. For one thing I only have a relatively small amount of internet usage and for another my hearing isn't all that great anyway. I'm not deaf exactly but miss the occasional word here and there. That said I enjoyed your poem and don't think I missed too much. I would be highly unlikely to ever pick any fault in a recitation unless it was really glaring and nothing jumped out at me with this one so there won't be any weaknesses being pointed out by me.

I was curious to hear what you sound like. You sound different than I would have imagined. I sort of thought you would have a deep voice (no idea why) but your voice is nice and clear. If I heard you without knowing anything about you I would think you were quite young. Some audio recordings are a bit difficult for me, they sound a bit staticky (is that even a word?) but yours is pretty good.

Maureen K Clifford
Location: Ipswich - Paul Pisasale country and home of the Ipswich Poetry Feast

Post by Maureen K Clifford » Fri May 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Agree with Leonie totally Neville..nice and clear and you DON'T sound at all like you are supposed to :lol: :lol:

Nothing glaringly wrong with the recording - a couple of extraneous noises snuck in - if you are going to do more you could try putting a woolen sock, doubled up over the Mike - it doesn't change your voice contrary to the cops and robbers shows you see on TV but it does seem to filter any little noises out - a bloke who is a singer told me that one :lol: so I am not pulling your leg. The mikes are so sensitive they even pick up the sound of you turning over the pages.

I liked it thought it was good and very Australian touch there with the blowies. Good on you Neville

Cheers

Maureen
Check out The Scribbly Bark Poets blog site here -
http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

I may not always succeed in making a difference, but I will go to my grave knowing I at least tried.

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri May 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks Leonie. I get very nervous reciting, when I press the record button it's like being on stage. Maybe that's my nervous voice :lol:

I am young :oops: well relatively speaking, compared to Methuselah. :roll:

Thanks for the reply Maureen. I spoke with Bill who also mentioned about the mike. So much to learn. .
Last edited by Neville Briggs on Sat May 28, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neville

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri May 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Yeah pretty good Nev. as Maureen said a bit of outside noise but otherwise ok. Like the others I expected your voice would be more cultured but you could pass for a bushie any day. Don't know about the young thing though.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Pacey on Fri May 27, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Fri May 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks Bob.

I could pass for a bushie ant ???? :lol:
Neville

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Fri May 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Ok I take that back about you being cultured.

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Neville Briggs

Post by Neville Briggs » Sat May 28, 2011 8:59 am

Sorry Bob, I knew what you meant, the devil made me do it :twisted: :roll:
Neville