NOTICE: 2017 COPPER CROC AWARDS

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Glenny Palmer

NOTICE: 2017 COPPER CROC AWARDS

Post by Glenny Palmer » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Greetings my fellow bards,
It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that I am unable to conduct The Copper Croc Awards for this year.

My doctor is referring me to an Opthalmologist asap, as my eyes have something amiss. I am finding it very difficult to type on the pc and have been advised to greatly reduce my time on any pc etc screens for now. I am otherwise feeling well enough, so please do not fear...I hope to be able to conduct the CC Awards next year.

Please do not be offended if I sometimes fail to respond to messages/emails promptly, as I can only 'pop in' to my pc/iPhone messages occasionally, for the time being. I would greatlu appreciate your passing on this info to your other groups, as I am unable to effectively do so just yet.

I thank you all sincerely for your support to date, and apologise for this inconvenience. :cry:

Xx Glenny Palmer
The purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.

Shelley Hansen

Re: NOTICE: 2017 COPPER CROC AWARDS

Post by Shelley Hansen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Dearest Glenny

Thank you so much for letting us know. I feel for you as I know how much you treasure the chance to organise the Copper Croc each year, and it's a competition we all love to enter.

However, the most important thing is your health, so please don't feel despondent or guilty. Just get those eyes sparkling again, and we'll hopefully all be ready to gear up again next year.

Thoughts are with you.

Love
Shelley
Shelley Hansen
Lady of Lines
http://www.shelleyhansen.com

"Look fer yer profits in the 'earts o' friends,
fer 'atin' never paid no dividends."
(CJ Dennis "The Mooch o' Life")

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Tank u so much Shelley. Discovered I can manage iPhone keyboard a bit better if i go slowly. Think pc glare is makinf things worse. Was just replying to mail from dear Brenda & saw yr posr so lucky i can reply. What a bummer eh? specially for a writer! I b roarimg to go within a year max resetlled livimg with my daughter in Bris so watch out! Lol. Love to you & all my poet mates. Xx

Brenda Joy

Post by Brenda Joy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Don't worry replying Glenny. Have circulated the sad news re the Copper Croc 2017 competition on the web and Facebook.
These screens play havoc with eyes. Catherine Lee went through something similar 2 years ago but after a prolongued rest from computers she recovered. You will too.
May the blessings be dear Glenny.
Love
BJ and Hal
Sing HU to open your heart.

Glenny Palmer

Post by Glenny Palmer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:57 am

Bless you Brenda. ;) (that's not a wink...its one eye closed...lol)

Stephen Whiteside

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Best wishes, Glenny. Hope you get well soon.
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au