GOSFORD BUSH POETS

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Post by Vic Jefferies » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:40 am

GOSFORD BUSH POETS
There were no flash officials,
no pomp and circumstance,
no clash of drums and cymbals;
politicians to vainly prance...
(V Jefferies)

Good Morning Everyone,

A wonderful Anzac Day yesterday when I was privileged to share my day with those many people who attended the Hardy's Bay RSL Club for what was a truly community based commemoration service. A simple, sincere and moving ceremony made all the better for the contributions of two primary school students, Owen and Gabbie, who read their own very well written speeches extolling the deeds of the Anzacs.

The Gosford Bush Poets meet at 7pm tomorrow night in the conference room of the fabulous Gosford Hotel, corner of Mann and Erina Streets, Gosford, for another of their famous fun filled nights of poetry, verse and hopefully a song or two and very much good cheer.

We shan't have a special guest tomorrow night but that only means that everyone will have the opportunity of presenting two pieces of their own or their favourite poetry during the evening. With Anzac Day still fresh in our minds perhaps we might hear an Anzac poem or two.

Everyone is more than welcome, entrance as always will be entirely free and we hope to see you join us for dinner in the hotel's brilliant bistro from about 5.30pm onward before we commence proceedings upstairs at 7pm.

For further information contact me on 0425252212 or me mate Peter Mace on 43693561.

Very Best Regards,

Vic Jefferies