GOSFORD BUSH POETS REVIEW

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS REVIEW

Post by Vic Jefferies » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:21 pm

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Good Evening Everyone,

Terrific night at the Gosford Bush Poets last night when thirty nine wonderful people came along to share and enjoy poetry, verse and the occasional yarn!

A marvelously eclectic selection of Banjo Paterson's poetry was presented by many of those attending with our most senior member Bob Wellard receiving a standing ovation for his recitation of the immortal "Man From Snowy River." I sought Bob's permission last night so I am not embarrassing him by saying that he will celebrate his eighty ninth birthday in April and his ability as a reciter remains astonishing!

During the night we heard from: Arch Bishop (making a very welcome return); Marion Dreyer; Graeme St John (who presented a book of his son's poetry to the GBPs); Norman Allen; Bob Wellard; Peter Mace; Chris Kessey; Ron Boughton (who traveled down from Springwood); Chris Shaw; Jack Woodward; Ellen Hingston; Marie Wellard; June Hilton and Allan Lloyd.

Altogether a fitting commemoration of Banjo's passing on the 5th February 1942 and a wonderful night of fine poetry, great camaraderie and very much good old fashioned entertainment.

Now we do it all again on the last Wednesday night of March which will be the 30th and we hope to have a guest artist for the night. Love to see you all come along and share what is always a great night of fun and fine poetry.

For further information contact me on 0425252212 or me mate Peter Mace on 43693561.

Very Best Regards,

Vic Jefferies