GOSFORD BUSH POETS

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Vic Jefferies

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Post by Vic Jefferies » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:48 am

GOSFORD BUSH POETS

Good Morning Everyone,

Well it has been a while, but it looks as though Helen and I are going to make it to next Wednesday night's meeting (29/7 of the Gosford Bush Poets and what a night it promises to be!

Through good luck and untiring persistence on the part of Peter, we have arranged for one of the finest (and newest) presenters of bush poetry to be our very special guest artist for the night and without the slightest exaggeration, this bloke is something absolutely special! Jason and Chloe Roweth have been renowned for years as one of the finest folk singing duos in the country and are widely admired for their ability to bring old Australian songs and music back to life. However, Jason recently decided to chance his hand at reciting and has rapidly become one of the finest presenters of bush poetry in the country. He is the current National Folk Festival Reciter of the Year and has acquitted himself extremely well in a number of other very prestigious competitions. Jason has gathered a remarkable collection of classic and contemporary poems and performs and presents each of them with a fresh, unique style that audiences find highly entertaining.

Jason has also agreed to bring his trusty guitar along next Wednesday night so we will be treated to a fine night of poetry and music when Jason takes the stage. It will be a wonderful evening and of course everyone will have an opportunity to present their own or their favourite poem. This is a night that you should not miss and we encourage you to bring your friends along to share what will be a wonderful event.

Of course entrance is absolutely free, everyone is welcome and we would dearly love to see you join us for dinner in the pub's brilliant bistro from 5.30pm onwards before the fun starts upstairs in the conference room at 7pm.

For further information contact me here or on 0425252212 or me mate Peter on 43693561 or at peterthepoet@gmail.com.

Very Best Regards,

Vic Jefferies