Results for Dunedoo are up ...

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
manfredvijars

Results for Dunedoo are up ...

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:23 am

Results for Dunedoo are up ... The Poet's Register is also up, take a squiz through the "Poetry" page and let me know if you see any errors or omissions ...

Cheers,

M.

PS. if anyone would like to submit any Yarns for the Yarn-Spinners page, send them on down ...

Bellobazza

Re: Results for Dunedoo are up ...

Post by Bellobazza » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:40 pm

And what a ripper week-end it was!

Glenny obviously found a few brief minutes in her busy schedule...more than enough to whip up an award-winning poem in the written section (Certificates to Frame). Congratulations Glenny! And David Campbell too, featuring as usual in the short-list.

Apart from the constant wind which tried to blow us to the 'Back o' Bourke' all week-end,
my first visit to Dunedoo was outstanding fun. Terrific performances from 'Go' to 'Whoa'.

A particular pleasure for me was to hear Kym's "Black Horse in the Lead" performed live (Barry Ellem) and also David's "A Letter Home September 14th 1946" (Jenny Markwell, eventually the overall champion of the female division. Terry Reagan male overall champ).

It was great to see Frank in great form, serving it up to the competition in all of the performance categories.

It surely was an action-packed few days of great bush poetry and fun, with Carol Heuchan and Ray Essary in masterful control of proceedings (read: Carol Heuchan did a pretty fair job of keeping Ray Essary under control!)

I recommend you all put in your diaries..."I gotta do Dunedoo" for next year.

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

Kym

Post by Kym » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Oh wow! Barry did my poem, huh? That's great. I think someone performing my poems is a real compliment, so I'm pleased to hear that. :D

David Campbell

Post by David Campbell » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks, Will. I endorse Kym’s sentiments…just wish I could have been there to hear Jenny’s performance. One day I hope to “do Dunedoo”.

Cheers
David