Blackened Billy Results for Val and will

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Zondrae

Re: Blackened Billy Results for Val and will

Post by Zondrae » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Well done

Congratulations to the three winners. This is a hard competition in which to get a gong. Our group must be benefiting from all the advice and critique we receive on this site. I know many musicians who endeavour to improve their work in a vacuum. This, often, is not the best way to develope writing skills. Now, if you put two like minded museos together the result is often more than the sum of the two parts. I think poetry is likewise.

Terry, Will and Val are regularly 'up there' with the top half dozen, it is small but sweet reward for the years of dedication to their craft. Good on you all and keep them coming.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

vwalla

Post by vwalla » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks all for your good wishes. Pretty pleased with myself if I may say so?!
:lol:

Congratulations to all successful .
Also a big thanks for the organisers of this comp. Really prompt with results and Judges comments and reasons for selections very helpful
Val W

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Congratulations to Val, Terry and Will - fantastic effort. I can't wait to read all the winning poems. You've done us proud.

Heather :D

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Where does it say that? (Heather, you too could have used the force.. )

But, we knew what you intended to say.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Terry

Post by Terry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks Everybody,
Congratulations to all the winners, and all the best to everybody who entered this year, If you missed out this time, maybe next year will be your turn.
I'm sure that everyone noticed that Ellis Campbell got second in this comp, but I wonder if everyone has heard of his results in the recent Charlee Marshall Com. Out of 8 awards Ellis took out 5 of them including FIRST & also the two poems that tied for SECOND place.
What a poet EH! - Talk about raising the bar.

Cheers Terry

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 am

Marty,

This green hornet uses her power very seldom. Our members are so well behaved. I just thought as you had picked it up yourself I'd fix it for you. (This is not all we can do, but as I said, I have used my powers very rarely.)
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Bellobazza

Post by Bellobazza » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:06 pm

G'day all...
Thanks all of you for your congrats. You're a great mob to be around, even if only in cyberspace. I often wonder if my enthusiasm for writing would stay as keen if I didn't have access to so many like-minded and big-hearted bush poetry fans through this forum.

I'd like to pass on my own congratulations to Val and Terry and also to our esteemed David Campbell who also figured in the commended list.

I don't know how Val and Terry feel, but it's pretty heady stuff to get any sort of result amongst this company! (How good must Catherine Clarke's entry have been to get the nod over Ellis?)

Now I'll get back to the back-log of posts I need to catch up on. Seems no matter how much I try to catch up, the next time I log on I'm a page behind again...and that's just "Members Poetry". You're a productive lot, eh?

Cheers, Will.
"Each poet that I know (he said)
has something funny in his head..." CJD

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Ooops, I forgot David Campbell. Congratulations David. :)

How good must Catherine Clarke be? First prize and two commendations (note spelling Marty). Keen to see her poems.

Marty, I have things to say - but can't because I'd be edited! ;)

Marty, the paragraph below may explain why people did not pick up your error.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Ahh, но кто может понять это?? ... :shock:

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 pm

How did you do that smarty pants? :o Do I get a Greek key board too with green powers? Or do only red powers get them?