2011 TAMWORTH, COUNTRY ENERGY GOLDEN DAMPER AWARDS

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
manfredvijars

Post by manfredvijars » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:53 pm

by Jan Morris

At the 2011 Country Energy Tamworth Bush Poetry Competition, compere Dave Proust commented on the way this competition has been the launching pad for a great many of the top poets performing around Australia today. This year's competition proved to be no different, with an interesting mix of the old and the new and, in some cases, the "new" showed up some exciting new talent from performers we are bound to see a lot more of.

The Tamworth Poetry Reading Group is very grateful for the support of so many of the "older" competitors of the past, who help out with compering, and even helping out with a difficult mike stand during the Heats (thanks Manfred). In particular, we would like to thank all those who helped promote our inaugural Children's Competition and to Geoffrey Graham and Noel Stallard, who made our one and only competitor feel like King of the Kids. We hope to try again next year and will be looking for everyone to spread the word and encourage the kids to enter. Congratulations to Jye Osborne of Moama NSW, who has the honour of being the first winner of the Country Energy Children's Bush Poetry Competition.

The winners for the 2011 Country Energy Tamworth Bush Poetry Competition are:

TRADITIONAL OR ESTABLISHED WORKS
1ST NOEL BULL, Musk Vic
2ND BRENDA JOY, Coochiemudlo Island Qld
3RD PETER MACE, Empire Bay NSW

ORIGINAL SECTION
1ST GRAEME JOHNSON, West Ryde NSW
2ND JIM RICHES, Albany WA
3RD JOHN BEST, Mango Hill Qld

Thank you to the competitors who travelled from near and far, and especially to the Queenslanders, for whom just getting here must have been a supreme effort.

Jan Morris

NB, the Blackened Billy report will be forthcoming ... (Ed)

Zondrae

Re: 2011 TAMWORTH, COUNTRY ENERGY GOLDEN DAMPER AWARDS

Post by Zondrae » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:08 am

G'day everyone,

In my excitement to hear that one of my poems had made the stage at Tamworth, I neglected to offer my congratulations to the ABPA members who took part.

Well done all those who took to the stage. Just having the nerves under control enough to get up is an achievement in itself.

Congratulations to all who made it to the finals in all categories.

And to all the winners, (members of the ABPA or not) a specal round of applause. To be chosen as the best of the best is praise indeed. To the place getters- don't be disheartened try again next year. You never know, you may have just that extra shine, that the judges on the day take a liking to.
Zondrae King
a woman of words