ABC Local Radio Tuesday 18th October.

ABPA members can post information and general feedback about bush poetry events.
Organisers can include bush poetry results in this forum.
All Forum Visitors can view but only ABPA Members can post and reply.
Zondrae

ABC Local Radio Tuesday 18th October.

Post by Zondrae » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:55 pm

ABC Local Radio Wollongong.

With the view of publicising the coming Kangaroo Valley Festival, I will be on air with Nick Rheinberger Tuesday 18th October at 10.am. Nick, who writes a poem now and again, has spoken to me several times about doing some on-air poetry and making some podcasts but we didn't get around to making a firm time. It is happening next Tuesday. Lets hope he allows me time for a couple of poems on air and doesn't rush me on and off. I'm going to take a little list of the things I wish to mention eg ABPA, Illawarra Breakfast Poets as well as the Festival.

I don't know a lot about pod casting but I will take the opportunity to discuss it with him. Any publicity is good publicity.
Zondrae King
a woman of words

Stephen Whiteside

Re: ABC Local Radio Tuesday 18th October.

Post by Stephen Whiteside » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:08 am

Good on you, Zondrae. I hope it goes well. I'm sure it will. Be sure to tell us how you got on!
Stephen Whiteside, Australian Poet and Writer
http://www.stephenwhiteside.com.au

Bob Pacey

Post by Bob Pacey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:51 am

Tried to find the interview Zondrae ???
Can you give us a contact ??

Bob
The purpose in life is to have fun.
After you grasp that everything else seems insignificant !!!

Zondrae

Post by Zondrae » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:21 am

G'day Bob,

I don't know if there was a pod cast made. It was on ABC Illawarra the morning show with Nick Rheinberger. I thought he would cut the time he gave me because the big 'J' was in town, but he didn't seem to and I was on air for quite a while. (about 15 minutes). I did get to mention 1) Illawarra Breakfast Poets 2) the Swingalele Orchestra and 3) Kangaroo Valley Folk Festival (which was why I was on air in the first place). He then invited me to do a poem on air. I did 'Uncle Clyde' mainly because it is a 'Ballad'-ish poem and relates to the local area. People from IBP who listened in said it was a really good interview.

Kangaroo Valley is on this coming weekend.
Zondrae King
a woman of words